Harry Potter 7, thread B (spoilers allowed)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Harry Potter 7, thread B (spoilers allowed)

Post by _Dr. Shades »

This thread is for all those who have read the book and wish to talk about it amongst yourselves. If you haven't read the book yet, READ NO FURTHER and skip over to the "no spoilers" thread.

I haven't read the book yet, so this'll be my last post (or even view) in this thread 'till I do.

BondNote: I drop all the goods further down, so if you want to be surprised don't read no further!!!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Alright....spoiler time.....

another spoiler warning......

spoiler warning.....

you ready....

how bout now....

one last chance to turn away.....

1)None of the big three die!!!!!!

2) For you shippers......Harry/Ginny end up together (3 kids, plus they raise Lupins kid) , Ron/Hermione end up together (2 kids).....Draco has a kid.

3)
Here's the death list:
Mad-Eye Moody
Dobby
Snape
Hedwig
Fred W.
Lupin
Pettigrew
Voldemort!
Tonks
Bellatrix Lestrange
Crabbe
lots of other minor characters (muggles, death eaters).....

4)
Snape was good (and the death of Dumbledore was planned out of course)

5)Harry was a Horcrux (and had to die---kinda----although he came back to life) to kill that bit of Voldy.

6) The best sequence of the book was the "Battle of Hogwarts" absolutely amazing.....it could be a movie by itself!!! Tons of amazing deaths and fighting.

7) The Deathly Hollows is not a place

8) Alright now that they've established that Harry, Ron and Hermione survive for 19 years, they can continue doing books. Thanks

9) Perhaps the greatest "Oh crap!!!" moment in history occured when Voldy realized they were going after his Horcruxes. The beauty of it was that it led to several more "Oh crap" moments....can't you imagine his train of thought?:

Voldy: "Well they stole Hufflepuff's cup....Oh crap are they going after my Horcruxes?!?!?! Well surely they won't get my family ring.....OH crap!!!!.......Well no they wouldn't think to look in that cave......OH crap!!!!!.................OH crap OH crap THEY'RE PROBABLY GOING AFTER THE ONE AT HOGWARTS!!!! OH crap!!!!!!!!!!! OH crap HOW MANY DO I HAVE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!! OH crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!! Protect the damn snake, protect the damn snake!!!!! OH crap YOU KILLED THE DAMN SNAKE!!!!!! OH crap THIS ISN'T GOING TO END WELL IS IT?!?!?!? AH HA!!!!! I KILLED THAT LITTLE PUNK HARRY!!!! OH crap!!!! HE CAME BACK TO LIFE!?!?!? WELL LET'S JUST TRY THAT AGAIN SHALL WE!!!!! OH crap THAT HURT!!!!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Hasn't anyone finished yet?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Hasn't anyone finished yet?

I'm on the last chapter...in the middle of the final duel!

Will "return and report" after work when I have a chance to actually sit and read! GRRR! It's maddeing!

This is by far, the best book of the bunch, and I have to steal away moments to read. I'm a slow reader, but I've almost made it to the end. I read until 2 in the morning last night. I stopped on the last chapter because I literally couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. :(
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Just finished!

Wow!

What a read!

Bond wrote:Alright now that they've established that Harry, Ron and Hermione survive for 19 years, they can continue doing books. Thanks

One problem, Bond....Rowling already stated that this WAS the last Harry Potter book. How is she going to get out of that one?

She certainly did leave it open, though. I can think of all sorts of possibilities...especially with the kids.

It never said what Harry eventually did career-wise....It would be cool if he was named Minister of Magic.

And I wonder who is Headmaster/Headmistress at Hogwarts? I'm guessing Professor Donnagal.

I would love to see a storyline that reunites the three....Maybe the kids get kidnapped by a vengeful death eater....

Any speculations, Bond? Or anyone else who has finished the book?
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I really liked the book. It wasn't my favorite but I was so relieved to discover that Snape was actually good. That was the best part of the book for me. I felt I knew Harry would be a horcrux and felt that Neville would be an important part of the story, so nothing very surprising there. All in all I'm pleased.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I really liked the book. It wasn't my favorite but I was so relieved to discover that Snape was actually good. That was the best part of the book for me. I felt I knew Harry would be a horcrux and felt that Neville would be an important part of the story, so nothing very surprising there. All in all I'm pleased.

I knew Snape was good. She seemed to be leaning that way. And I loved the fact that Harry named one of his sons Albus Servius. ;)

It's too bad, though, that Harry wasn't ever able to actually talk to Snape....even via mirror. That would have been nice.

The doe surprised me, though. I really thought that Dumbledore had somehow sent it. That was cool that Snape had done that.

Which book was your fave?

And...if Rowling decided to write more Harry Potter books based on the kids, etc, would you read them?
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

liz3564 wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I really liked the book. It wasn't my favorite but I was so relieved to discover that Snape was actually good. That was the best part of the book for me. I felt I knew Harry would be a horcrux and felt that Neville would be an important part of the story, so nothing very surprising there. All in all I'm pleased.

I knew Snape was good. She seemed to be leaning that way. And I loved the fact that Harry named one of his sons Albus Servius. ;)

ME TOO! I loved it when he said he was named after two Headmasters. It brought the tears out again!
It's too bad, though, that Harry wasn't ever able to actually talk to Snape....even via mirror. That would have been nice.

I know. Although I thought that Snape would have been reluctant to talk to him... it seemed fitting for Harry to see it himself. I just cried the entire time Harry was in the pinsieve (I'm sure I didn't spell that right).

The doe surprised me, though. I really thought that Dumbledore had somehow sent it. That was cool that Snape had done that.
I felt the same way.

Which book was your fave?

My favorite was the 3rd one. Did you like this one the best?

And...if Rowling decided to write more Harry Potter books based on the kids, etc, would you read them?

I'd read them. But I sort of wish she wouldn't. I'm happy with the story as it is.

One of my favorite parts of the book was Mrs. Weasley freaking out on Bellatrix! :D
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

One of my favorite parts of the book was Mrs. Weasley freaking out on Bellatrix! :D

That was awesome! One of my favorite lines in the book:

"Not my daughter you Bitch!" LOL

Go Molly!

My favorite was the 3rd one. Did you like this one the best?

I liked this one the best because it tied up all the loose ends. I also loved Book 3, Book 4, and Book 6.