Bye All

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Bye All

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

asbestosman wrote:
The Nehor wrote:I' I found no threads that began with anything positive about the Church.

Perhaps the problem is how we view these boards. I probably don't start threads with anything positive about the church because if I think of positive things I'm saying them at home or at church. When I find controversy, I tend to bring it to boards because I do not think church is the appropriate place for it and family can only tolerate so much.

I'll miss you Nehor. You're probably the best of the TBMs here as unfortunatly there seems to be too much of a skeptic streak in me--at least according to some.
TBM?? Neh?

Hardly.

He has yet to follow the counsel of the prophets and apostles on finding that required eternal mate.

Not only are there are very few TBMs on this board, you'd be hard pressed to find many on the MAAD board as well. To be honest, I'd say that the TRUE TBMs will never read or post on any such message board, ever.
Last edited by Ask Jeeves [Bot] on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Go ahead and ask the good Doc.

I wasn't born yesterday, Porter.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Not only are there are very few TBMs on this board, you'd be hard pressed to find many on the MAAD board as well.

Perhaps it depends on what one means by TBM. Nehor seems to live amd believe it even better than I do and appears to do so without making a jerk of himself. He may not live it completely, but I know nobody who does. Even then he appears to take it very seriously and is much wiser in his actions (or at least his words) than I am.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Ray A wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:Don't need to, she loves to wank it for me! I would be a fool to cheat on my sexy wife, as she gives me everything I desire, and in a damn hot bod!. Shades can attest to her hott'ness as we recently had the pleasure of meeting the good Doc.

BS!!

Here is a depiction of Ray while posting:

And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Nehor, I am sad that you are leaving. You were really one of the few faithers here on the board that I did not see as a raving ass.

If you must go then the best to you.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Ray A wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
Go ahead and ask the good Doc.

I wasn't born yesterday, Porter.

Polygamy Porter is correct on all counts. He, his wife, his brother-in-law, and myself did indeed have a very pleasant evening together over dinner. In fact, it took place exactly one week ago yesterday.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Nehor--

You will be missed. I have always enjoyed your comments. They are very thought-out, and you have a solid knowledge of the gospel.

asbestosman wrote:Perhaps the problem is how we view these boards. I probably don't start threads with anything positive about the church because if I think of positive things I'm saying them at home or at church. When I find controversy, I tend to bring it to boards because I do not think church is the appropriate place for it and family can only tolerate so much.

Asbestosman brings out an excellent point here. I also tend to use this board for questions or controversy concerning the Church. I can gain a broader perspective of ideas, and, as asbestosman says, "family can often only take so much.." LOL

As with any type of medium, though, it's important to find balance.

If you feel that you are spending too much time here, then you probably are.

If spending time on the board is impacting you negatively in other aspects of your life, then, yes, it is probably better for you to opt out...or at least give the boards a rest.

I know just going to the beach this weekend, and spending time with my Harry Potter book was a refreshing change.

I do wish you the best, Nehor, and will miss you.

You'll always have a place in my male harem.

;)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Wish ya wouldn't go...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

l8r dude
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The Nehor wrote:I pulled up the Terrestrial Threads just now and in about half of them what I hold dear was mocked in the title with much more to come later on.

Then the solution is simple: Hang out in the Celestial Forum.

I found no threads that began with anything positive about the Church.

Then get crackin' and start some! Remember, YOU must be change you wish to see at MormonDiscussions.

Those started by apologists were accusations against critics and a call for fewer insults.

See above.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley