Bye All

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

liz3564 wrote:
PP wrote:Take your prissy feelings to another board, they mean nothing to me on this forum.

For what it's worth, Nehor, I DON'T regard your feelings as "prissy", and I don't think that the majority of folks here regard your feelings as such.

Please don't let one person drive you from this board. No one deserves to be granted that type of power.

PP, you're being as vicious as Pahoran an Juliann. Knock it off!
Stop trying to be everyone's pretend friend, this is not Sunday and we are not out in the foyer. This is a discussion board.

Down here in the lower kingdoms we deal in cold hard facts. When some says "I feel" differently about a cold hard fact, I am here to call their bluff.

Neh: I feel that the sky is orange, cuz blue make me feel sad
Liz: Awww Neh! I feel the sky can be too blue sometimes as well, so I like your idea of seeing it as orange and you are such a wonderful person and I think you are the greatest!

PP: WTF? The sky is blue, B L U E, and it ain't falling. Just because you think it should be called orange does not change the facts.

Neh: PP, you are a mean person
Liz: Oh don't listen to PP he is an angry blue skyer. I like your idea of changing the color names to make you fell better about life!

PP: *dry heaving sounds*
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

PP wrote:Stop trying to be everyone's pretend friend, this is not Sunday and we are not out in the foyer. This is a discussion board.

I'm not being everyone's pretend friend. I'm maintaining a level of decorum, and acting like a grown-up....which is something you seem to have little concept of.

Why do you have to personally attack everyone who doesn't agree with you?

What's wrong with being able to "agree to disagree"? That's the only thing I'm guilty of here, PP.

I respect other's rights to believe what they choose to believe. I don't agree with everyone else, but I don't fault them for what they believe. You seem to take it personally, and fault everyone who doesn't see things through YOUR eyes.

Isn't that what YOU, YOURSELF, have stated that you hate about Mormonism so much? That the leaders try and force a belief system on YOU?

Now, who's the hypocrite, PP?
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

PP, you can't be that daft. The Nehor isn't offended becuase of your so-called cold hard facts about the color of the sky or whatnot. He's offended because you are rude. Do you not find it ironic that you insist you have these cold hard facts and then tell him you don't mean the circle-jerk thing literally? So which is it PP? Do you deal in cold hard facts or do you exaggerate for effect because that's how you roll?

If you want to spew sexual debauchery, that's your right. I generally ignore your extreme rudeness. But then to suddenly imagine that the offense was caused by what color the sky is as opposed to your gratutitous sexual remarks is ridiculous.

Furthermore more than one person has suggested that The Nehor remain in the Celestial forum. I don't see why he has to leave the board entirely just because he has better taste than I do.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Post by _Inconceivable »

Nehor,

Even though we tend to agree to disagree on certain things, if I were to meet you in person I would quickly recognize the virtues of a trusted friend. You bring a great deal of what I would call "peaceful thinking" to the board that would be missed if you were to bail permanently. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, but I agree that sometimes we are just healthier by leaving some things well enough alone.

Of late, I've grown quite weary of the pre-pubescent rants as well. I come here for therapy (like many others) because of the trauma experienced in what some of us consider the truth of Mormonism. Others are just outright miserable and without peace and hope of a better world and seek to create miserable company - and delight in the aggitation of others for the pure fun of it. They have a tendency to draw out even the more restrained until they lose their peace. I think it has destroyed many opportunities we have had to gain greater understanding and insights from one another.

Whatever you ultimately decide I wish you well and a happy future with a loving companion.

On a sidenote, Speaking of choosing the right helpmeet, J. Golden Kimball explained the importance of choosing wisely: "Some couples are married for eternity, others are married for a hell of a long time". :(

It's ok to wait for a good pitch. Take care.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Re: Nehor

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Gazelam wrote:Sorry to see you go. You have excellent insights and a great way of presenting them. I learned alot from you, especially in the attitude department. I hope you drop in again some time.

Gaz

Ditto.

Take care Nehor. As my dad often says: "Keep a stiff upper lip, and don't get any on ya."

I do hope you'll drop back in once you've taken a breather. If not here, then over on MA&D.

-Stu

Edited to add:
Since feelings seem to be a side topic in this thread. I feel like kicking someone's ass.

Feelings... nothing more than feelings...
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski