I Confess. I am a sybarite, a gourmand, an epicure....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

I Confess. I am a sybarite, a gourmand, an epicure....

Post by _Blixa »

or just a food and drink junkie.

I have had a slow day today. Not much to do. Did a great deal of house cleaning already this week (cleaned the fridge and the tub/shower). Waiting on a book to proceed with a scholarly essay.

Rose early to make coffee and fruit/protein/flaxseed/fiber/yogurt smoothie before DH's awakening.

Distracted by the Wallace and Gromit film, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit whilst brewing DH's morning tea (after diagnosis of two ulcers, coffee forbidden).

Possessed with insatiable cheese hunger throughout the day.

2:45 p.m. Make trek to local cheese and beer establishment. Purchase 1/4 pound each: Hops Hefordshire (British cheese with embedded hops), aged Gouda (for myself and my cat, Blixa, who possesses an equally fine tongue for cheese), and Stinking Bishop (a celestial soft cheese, made only by one farm in England, and declared, by me, as the Official Cheese of Ex-Mormons Everywhere---plus featured in film referenced above). At same establishment, procured two foot-long sticks of "French (marsh) Mallow" in Anise and Violet flavor.

At local wine merchant, purchased solo bottle of Cahors, a deep Bourdeaux wine.

The rest is history. *hic*
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Hey, that sounds almost like a well balanced diet to me, except for the omission of chocolate.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

moksha wrote:Hey, that sounds almost like a well balanced diet to me, except for the omission of chocolate.

Yes, I know.

But after double ulcer diagnosis this week, DH is fearful of chocolate and I didn't want to leave any around (like there would be leftovers!) to tempt him.

He's a newbie.

I can't even recall how many ulcers I've lived through! (Has he vomited blood in the restroom of a Univac computer factory? No! Has he then recklessly driven to a crap "club" on North Temple to drink with fellow Univac employees in the late 80's? Again, no!)

*sigh*

I left some cheese in the (clean) fridge for sisterwife to retrieve after her slog at the NYC Parks Adminstration Archives.

Blixa (the cat) ate through the mallow wrappers.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

That sounds like the perfect day. :D
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

*sigh* I am so jealous. I had to work today. Your day sounds so much more fun.

;)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Blixa wrote:I left some cheese in the (clean) fridge for sisterwife to retrieve after her slog at the NYC Parks Adminstration Archives.

Your husband has a live-in mistress?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: I Confess. I am a sybarite, a gourmand, an epicure....

Post by _Mercury »

Blixa wrote:or just a food and drink junkie.

I have had a slow day today. Not much to do. Did a great deal of house cleaning already this week (cleaned the fridge and the tub/shower). Waiting on a book to proceed with a scholarly essay.

Rose early to make coffee and fruit/protein/flaxseed/fiber/yogurt smoothie before DH's awakening.

Distracted by the Wallace and Gromit film, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit whilst brewing DH's morning tea (after diagnosis of two ulcers, coffee forbidden).

Possessed with insatiable cheese hunger throughout the day.

2:45 p.m. Make trek to local cheese and beer establishment. Purchase 1/4 pound each: Hops Hefordshire (British cheese with embedded hops), aged Gouda (for myself and my cat, Blixa, who possesses an equally fine tongue for cheese), and Stinking Bishop (a celestial soft cheese, made only by one farm in England, and declared, by me, as the Official Cheese of Ex-Mormons Everywhere---plus featured in film referenced above). At same establishment, procured two foot-long sticks of "French (marsh) Mallow" in Anise and Violet flavor.

At local wine merchant, purchased solo bottle of Cahors, a deep Bourdeaux wine.

The rest is history. *hic*

Ahh, to be free and toasted by 2. Your my fav girlie!
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Blixa wrote:I left some cheese in the (clean) fridge for sisterwife to retrieve after her slog at the NYC Parks Adminstration Archives.

Your husband has a live-in mistress?

Sorry, Shades, guess you missed my explanation of our use of the term. We have a roommate, a grad student in film and video and librarian. After a long and fruitless job search, she just got hired to oversee the photo archives of the NYC Parks Administration. A huge, but very interesting job and not bad paying. The only downside is that its located in Queens in an area near Shea Statium, the former World's Fair grounds, and the Queens museum that is notoriously hard to get to whether by car, bus, subway or train. So her commute is pretty nasty. But at least she gets to see the Unisphere every day: