Anybody been following the Michael Vick dogfighting thing?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:I'm so tired of athletes, celebrities, acting as though they can not be held to the same societal norms as everyone else.

You aren't the only one. I hate hearing about what celebrities are doing or who they're doing or whatever.

I know. I am so agitated how the media comments on it all the time too.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Re: Anybody been following the Michael Vick dogfighting thin

Post by _silentkid »

Dr. Shades wrote:What have the Bengals players been doing?

Nothing too crazy...just a whole lot of them have been getting arrested. From the article:

Wilson is the 10th Bengals player arrested in the past 14 months, a streak of misconduct that drew the attention of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, resulted in three suspensions and made Cincinnati an example of players gone bad.

For other fun NFL criminal activity (non-Bengals related), see Pacman Jones.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Re: Anybody been following the Michael Vick dogfighting thin

silentkid wrote:For other fun NFL criminal activity (non-Bengals related), see Pacman Jones.

Grrr! I am so embarrassed of PacMan Jones! He's a local and it is so disgusting what he gets away with.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Is there any way he could face trial by pitbull?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

moksha wrote:Is there any way he could face trial by pitbull?

That would be interesting....

Judge: "Mr. Vick....we find you guilty and order you to run the gauntlet....of your own fighting pit bulls. Let's see how fast you are now!"
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

I have been a football guru since childhood and I am from Atlanta, so naturally I was terribly disappointed to find out about this.

Vick is an idiot. I was excited to see him join the Falcons but this dog fighting nonsense is inexcusable. Time for some poetic justice.

“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

See, heres the thing and Bond, I am sorry but I cannot see professional sports as a good place to find character. I do not see related activities even as places of value other than the supposed economic benefits of being involved in such an activity.

I attend sporting events when I am engaged in a business function and nothing more simply because The Corporation I work for has a sweet ass suite at the local ball field here in the City. Honestly we don't even watch the game. We just drink and talk shop.

Sports for personal goals is an amazing thing. I remember the camaraderie I got while playing sports. Offtopic (feeling a terrestrial grade post coming on?), Did anyone ever play church sports? Gawd.

So Bond, what of those who held this man as a role model?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Mercury wrote:See, heres the thing and Bond, I am sorry but I cannot see professional sports as a good place to find character. I do not see related activities even as places of value other than the supposed economic benefits of being involved in such an activity.

I attend sporting events when I am engaged in a business function and nothing more simply because The Corporation I work for has a sweet ass suite at the local ball field here in the City. Honestly we don't even watch the game. We just drink and talk shop.

Sports for personal goals is an amazing thing. I remember the camaraderie I got while playing sports. Offtopic (feeling a terrestrial grade post coming on?), Did anyone ever play church sports? Gawd.

I didn't know there were Church sports. Spill.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Mercury wrote:See, heres the thing and Bond, I am sorry but I cannot see professional sports as a good place to find character. I do not see related activities even as places of value other than the supposed economic benefits of being involved in such an activity.

I didn't know there were Church sports. Spill.

T ball and Softball when I was young. It was fun, kinda like a more pathetic version of little league. Course, there is the ever idiotic basketball activities. Gawd what a useless stressful activity. It really brought out the true character in the ward members.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning