I Swear to God my Kids are Crazy!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

I Swear to God my Kids are Crazy!

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

AARRRGGGHHH!

My daughters are nuts. They're generally well behaved, but incredibly active.

This afternoon, I was outside in the garden working while the four girls were inside, supposedly cleaning their playroom. The eighth grader was in charge.

I walked in the door, sweaty and exhausted, to find the house reeking of garlic. The younger three had been pretending vampires were attacking the house and poured granulated garlic into the air conditioning vents. The oldest was distracted by an I.M. she received while I was outside, but the ten year old knows better than do put garlic in the vents! Good grief!

Last week, they poured bird seed into the washing machine and I had to use the vacuum hose attachment to suck it out. A few days ago, I found Barbie legs and arms in the chimenea (sp?) and a Barbie torso in the BBQ grill. They were playing Barbie Crime Scene Investigation. I've also found Barbies hanging from the staircase railing after they were playing Barbie Fear Factor. Earlier my littlest girls, along with the neighbor kids, put the water hose in the dryer vent and flooded the laundry room. They're maniacs!

I have to keep my eyes on them constantly, so I post from a laptop which I drag around the house. If I let them out of my sight for a minute they do something destructive.

Counting the days 'till school starts again,

KA
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

You think that's bad....imagine the next 5-10 years when they start dating guys named Axle and Hacksaw.....and Bond.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Wow. I thought my 7 and 5 year olds were bad. They've got nothing on your kids.

Great, here i was thinking that they'd get more responsible with age...
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Here KA.....made this especially for you:

"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Who Knows wrote:Wow. I thought my 7 and 5 year olds were bad. They've got nothing on your kids.

Great, here I was thinking that they'd get more responsible with age...

Well, I don't think my kids are bad, just really busy. And imaginative. They're always pretending and sometimes they get carried away, but imagination and creativity and the ability to pretend are marks of brilliant children, Who Knows. Be glad your kids aren't dull. I'd rather mine be lively than boring any day. I only wish they'd be a little less destructive, lol!

And yes, kids do get more responsible with age. My oldest is very responsible, but the ten year old may never be responsible! Her personality is wild. I expect my two youngest to mellow out a bit as they age, so in a few years I may be able to catch a little break now and then. :)

KA
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Here KA.....made this especially for you:

LOL! I wouldn't use that on my kids, Bond. My husband maybe...

KA
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

OMG KA! That is so funny. Barbie CSI? That made my day! :D
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

And yes, kids do get more responsible with age. My oldest is very responsible, but the ten year old may never be responsible! Her personality is wild. I expect my two youngest to mellow out a bit as they age, so in a few years I may be able to catch a little break now and then. :)

KA, I have just 2 words for you: drivers license

;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Mr. Coffee
_Emeritus

Post by _Mr. Coffee »

I remember back when myself and my brothers were kids...

We found a ladder and decided that we could use it to climb THE TREE (this massive OAK that stood in our yard, the lowest branch of which was a good 10m from the ground). We also decided that since we had the tree we were Tarzan and the Tree Domain was ours!

We even had mop handles for spears.

Until Jay jumped down from the ladder to attack Tribesman Steve with it. Steve was looking up screaming at Jay while Jay was traveling down screaming at Steve. Jay's "spear" took Steve in the mouth such that it went down Steve's throat about six inches at least.

That was when MOM came out. There's Jay standing there wondering if he'd killed his brother, screaming his head off, I'm hanging from an overhead branch wondering what the “F”, and Mom calmly yanks the mop handle out of Steves mouth before beating all three of us with in an inch of our narrow asses over it.

Yeah, we was dumbasses when we was young.
On Mathematics: I divided by zero! Oh SHI....
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Jersey Girl wrote:

KA, I have just 2 words for you: drivers license

;-)

Those two words just sent a chill through my body!! How is a mom ever supposed to ever relax?! I guess the idea is that we're not supposed to.

KA