I Swear to God my Kids are Crazy!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Yeah, we was dumbasses when we was young.

Weren't we all?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Be glad your kids aren't dull. I'd rather mine be lively than boring any day.

??? I'm the exact opposite: I'd FAR rather my (step)kids be boring than lively!

Forgive me, but your post just reaffirms how happy I am that I didn't have kids of my own. Best decision I ever made.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades, you are so strange to me! You like bland kids and boring buildings. Do you like bland, boring food, too? How about bland, boring women? I don't think I like anything that's bland or boring.

KA
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Bond...James Bond wrote:You think that's bad....imagine the next 5-10 years when they start dating guys named Axle and Hacksaw.....and Bond.

Too true. Been through it five times. The boys didn't exactly bring home little innocent cuties either. Thankfully, in about two weeks I will be formally released as a 24/7 guardian, as my youngest daughter is now 18, and capable of caring for all her own needs.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Ray A wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:You think that's bad....imagine the next 5-10 years when they start dating guys named Axle and Hacksaw.....and Bond.

Too true. Been through it five times. The boys didn't exactly bring home little innocent cuties either. Thankfully, in about two weeks I will be formally released as a 24/7 guardian, as my youngest daughter is now 18, and capable of caring for all her own needs.

How many kids you have Ray A?
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Bond...James Bond wrote:How many kids you have Ray A?

I have five, ages 28, 26, 25, 22 and 18. Three boys and two girls. The girls have been the biggest challenge. In my experience boys are easy to raise, except for some major blips in the mid-teens. I also don't believe any of them really mature until about 25.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Ray A wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:How many kids you have Ray A?

I have five, ages 28, 26, 25, 22 and 18. Three boys and two girls. The girls have been the biggest challenge. In my experience boys are easy to raise, except for some major blips in the mid-teens. I also don't believe any of them really mature until about 25.

Funny, Ray, I have always heard that. Everyone who has boys and girls says the girls are more difficult, almost without exception. I have four of them!

KA
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
Funny, Ray, I have always heard that. Everyone who has boys and girls says the girls are more difficult, almost without exception. I have four of them!

KA

If you survive you'll deserve the Congressional Medal of Honor (Coffee will probably kill me here). Girls are more demanding, and expect more, and having doting daddys doesn't help. I realise now that I gave my girls way too much, and should have disciplined them more, as I did my sons. I now have an excellent father/son relationship with my eldest son, who is 28, and I don't think he realised how much effort we put into them until he had a family of his own, with two children. When he rings me to have a "cry" on my shoulder, I just say "multiply that by three kids and 28 years". Karma is a wonderful thing. LOL.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

There's no way I'm having kids.....I think I'll neuter myself right now.....
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Bond...James Bond wrote:There's no way I'm having kids.....I think I'll neuter myself right now.....

Bond, I'll be the heretic here and say that's a wise decision. I really love my children, and would defend them to the death. But it's been a very hard slog, and at nearly 53 I'm still carrying the burdens. When I retire to my cottage, and peace, I will love them even more. :) (The grandkids, three in all, I can hand back at the end of the day.)