I Swear to God my Kids are Crazy!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Blixa wrote:On the other hand, if you don't want to have kids, don't. Don't let any "expectations" push you into something so momentous.

I never had kids. And I'm pretty glad about it.

My oldest daughter (granted she's only 12) states that she never wants to marry and have kids. This may be the result of having so many younger siblings. Or it may be that she understands her desires are her own and doesn't wish to be sidetracked by children.

I get really, really pissed when she is told that she's odd. She's even had girls at school call her a lesbian because she has no interest in growing up, marrying, and popping em outl.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Blixa wrote:On the other hand, if you don't want to have kids, don't. Don't let any "expectations" push you into something so momentous.

I never had kids. And I'm pretty glad about it.

My oldest daughter (granted she's only 12) states that she never wants to marry and have kids. This may be the result of having so many younger siblings. Or it may be that she understands her desires are her own and doesn't wish to be sidetracked by children.

I get really, really pissed when she is told that she's odd. She's even had girls at school call her a lesbian because she has no interest in growing up, marrying, and popping em outl.

WTF?! That's terrible!
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

haha...that's how I always felt! I never would have married either if I'd been living in a society that considered health care a basic right of its citizens...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

One of my voice students is 16, and has said many times that she has absolutely no interest in having kids. She wants to focus on her career.

Now I have to admit...I did, perhaps, placate her somewhat. I told her the same thing I told Bond. Give it some time. Don't rule it out. You might change your mind.

But it is DEFINITELY wise to get your education first. Once you have kids, there's no turning back.

Edited to add---I don't regret having kids. I love them and wouldn't trade them. I do regret the timing, though. If I had it to do over again, I would have had the girls later than I did.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Blixa wrote:haha...that's how I always felt! I never would have married either if I'd been living in a society that considered health care a basic right of its citizens...

Yah. I hear ya.

Here is my daughter. She has issues because of her quirkiness at school. It’s more than her non-interest in boys. She makes a lot of her clothing herself and she doesn't blend in very well in our community. But I think she likes that! :D
***Image Removed Because I Remembered Crazy People Are On The Net***
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:One of my voice students is 16, and has said many times that she has absolutely no interest in having kids. She wants to focus on her career.

Now I have to admit...I did, perhaps, placate her somewhat. I told her the same thing I told Bond. Give it some time. Don't rule it out. You might change your mind.

I agree. You can definitely change your mind.

Edited to add---I don't regret having kids. I love them and wouldn't trade them. I do regret the timing, though. If I had it to do over again, I would have had the girls later than I did.

Me too.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:No, but I don't like spicy food.

Wow. I love spicy food. I even dump crushed red pepper all over my pizza!

How about bland, boring women?

No, just as long as she isn't too energetic.[/quote]

You'd hate me, lol! I can relax, but I prefer to be doing something all the time, and a certain something at least once a day. I'm high maintenance. :)

KA
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Blixa wrote:haha...that's how I always felt! I never would have married either if I'd been living in a society that considered health care a basic right of its citizens...

Yah. I hear ya.

Here is my daughter. She has issues because of her quirkiness at school. It’s more than her non-interest in boys. She makes a lot of her clothing herself and she doesn't blend in very well in our community. But I think she likes that! :D

What an adorable little girl, Book of Mormon! I love her! I bet she'd get along well with my oldest.

KA
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

KimberlyAnn wrote:I can relax, but I prefer to be doing something all the time, and a certain something at least once a day. I'm high maintenance. :)

What's that certain something you'd prefer to do once a day?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:I can relax, but I prefer to be doing something all the time, and a certain something at least once a day. I'm high maintenance. :)

What's that certain something you'd prefer to do once a day?

Make cupcakes.