Say hello to the real Mr. Coffee...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Notice how the image he leeched no longer appears? You'll also notice that the guy you're trying to asscoaite me with has been shown to leech from multiple sites. Notice you never answered that bit.

That is evidence of nothing. Most people I know "leech" from photobucket, imageshack, and other sites--even under multiple accounts in each site. Why? Duh! Online privacy. It makes it harder to track someone down. I use tricks like that myself.

Now let's see here. How could we verify that someone is in his late 30's instead of some punk kid? We could get him to post a youtube video of him reading from this board (not one of his posts as one could find someone else's video and then type it up after the fact). We could ask a series of difficult college questions (major specific) that can't easily be answered by consulting wikipedia / Google.

Ultimately I don't care how old Coffee is. I take people for what they contribute instead of what degrees they hold. Granted, degrees are worth something, but people without them can make useful contributions too.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

I'm willing to give Coffee the benefit of the doubt. I take people at their word and I understand that in an anonymous environment, some people may take advantage of that.

I've noticed some subtle pop culture references (Wayne's World stuff and the keeper of the schwartz line) that would put his age somewhere close to mine (in his thirties). That's about as good as my internet detective skillz get.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Mercury wrote:Or he could have been just trolling for teenagers.

Now that is a frightening thought.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

moksha wrote:
Mercury wrote:Or he could have been just trolling for teenagers.

Now that is a frightening thought.

Do I believe this? NO. I apologize for the insinuation Coffee.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning