Say hello to the real Mr. Coffee...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Say hello to the real Mr. Coffee...

Post by _Pumplehoober »

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

How do you know that that's him?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Dr. Shades wrote:How do you know that that's him?

Well, there are several hints.

For one, the both use the same photobucket account. This is not necessarily indicative of the same identity, but it is a data point.

Secondly, read the posting style on Anime Fansub Forum (where they use the same photobucket account)…

http://anbudom.net/forum/index.php?showuser=17141

Dylan is in the Army, and would have some military experience to draw on. It's not a 100% match. He also might be Mighty Max on another forum.

Edit: If you read the posts there are some other similarities. I suppose you could do something with IP addresses, but I wouldn't know where to begin, I'm not a computer person. For example Coffee can program boards in his sleep, so can Dylan.

by the way, Coffee was also awarded the Bronze Star (according to his “I'm a Tough Guy persona”). Oddly enough James Webb was also awarded the Bronze Star. Coffee claims his last name is Webb. Possibly a coincidence, possibly not. I never read any of Webb's books, so who knows if their personas are similar (the persona in the semi-autobiographical books, not in real life).

His pseudo son's name id David Webb, which is Jason Bourne's real name in the Bourne books by Ludlum (which were terrible by the way, the movies were/are actually much better). Another interesting fact.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Oh

My

God

I have been laughing over this for about twenty minutes.

Whether this is Coffee or not, it is still a funny picture and it is funny just to think of the possibility of having been bitched out by this guy for so many months, as opposed to a military vet, of course.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I didn't sleep last night. Ignore
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Oh, and good cyber sleuthing Pumplehoober.

_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Being a kid would explain the foul language. Kids say the darndest things when loosed in front of the computer. Sort of rebeling against the machine. Now, if this is Mr. Coffee, how would that explain the post about his son?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Is this the guy who threatened to hunt me down and "end me"............

I thought that coffee already posted his pic (the one where he looks tough with the big gun named "LInda" IRC)
Last edited by QuestionEverything on Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Aww crap.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

As a military brat myself, I grew up around some really immature servicemen, so although I was skeptical with some of the Coffee talk, I just assumed he was kind of a loose nut vet. These guys exist. There really are military vets who do little more than sit around and cuss at people like a 14 year old would, though I am unaware of any who do so on the internet.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein