Yes! Yes! YES!!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

My kids are back in school!!

I'm going to drop the littlest off at pre-school and hit Barnes and Noble - ALONE! Yee Haw!

Doing a happy dance,

KA
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I am officially envious. My kids don't start back until August 28th.

I am off work next week, though. Yay!
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Post by _Jason Bourne »

KimberlyAnn wrote:My kids are back in school!!

I'm going to drop the littlest off at pre-school and hit Barnes and Noble - ALONE! Yee Haw!

Doing a happy dance,

KA

Hmmmm. I thought this was about something else..........(note to self. get mind out of gutter)
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Jason Bourne wrote:

Doing a happy dance,

KA

Hmmmm. I thought this was about something else..........(note to self. get mind out of gutter)

LOL! Have you been watching "When Harry Met Sally" again?

;)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Enjoy!

My kids are back and I went to the gym this morning, then the salon, a little shopping and still have 2 hours before they're home.

I might take a nap in my hammock!

:)

Scratch that. It's too hot. Well, I still might take a nap. :)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doing a happy dance,

KA

Congrats on your FREEEEEEEDOM, KA! B&N with no kids? Hey! That's got to be like a mini-retreat! Get an ice cream before you go home!

Jersey Girl
:-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Doing a happy dance,

KA

Congrats on your FREEEEEEEDOM, KA! B&N with no kids? Hey! That's got to be like a mini-retreat! Get an ice cream before you go home!

Jersey Girl
:-)

I went and am already back home!

I have kids to pick up at school in an hour. Between dropping them all off at different times and picking them all up at different times, I have very little time to do anything. Oh, well. I had an hour at B&N with no kids and had some great coffee to boot. I can't complain!

KA
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I went and am already back home!

I have kids to pick up at school in an hour. Between dropping them all off at different times and picking them all up at different times, I have very little time to do anything. Oh, well. I had an hour at B&N with no kids and had some great coffee to boot. I can't complain!

KA

I remember those days, KA! Talk about exciting and hectic all in one basket! Hope your kids had great first days! My "first day" is coming soon and while I feel like I want to hold on to summer a bit longer, I'm too excited about getting started again!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

KA, My son has almost 6 weeks off. I'm going to enjoy every single moment. (and the housework can wait)...

He's already learned to fly a stunt kite up on the hills (makes up for the fact that he can't do most sports)...

I honestly really, really miss him when he goes back to school (Sept 4th I think). Schools can be glorified babysitting services if the
teacher's not up to the job... (next year he has two good ones)

Edited to add that my opinion may be shaped by the fact I only have one, and that I had to wait 37 long years before having my first.
Last edited by Schreech on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Jason Bourne wrote:

Doing a happy dance,

KA

I admit this was also my first thought. Though I suspect the euphoria in both states are good.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo