Yes! Yes! YES!!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Is Kindergarten all day in your district? It is here, and wow, is it nice!

Nope - just 3 hrs 20 mins. And she's in the afternoon session, so she'll go 11:45 to 3:05. On the plus side, I'll be getting plenty of exercise walking her to and fro - there's a nice steady hill on the way home (about an 18 1/2 min walk each way). Workin' the glutes, baby!
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Re: Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Post by _The Nehor »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
Tarski wrote:Dirty mind?

Yes.

KA

I prefer to call it a deep-seated appreciation for the finer things in life.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

KimberlyAnn wrote:My kids are back in school!!

I'm going to drop the littlest off at pre-school and hit Barnes and Noble - ALONE! Yee Haw!

Doing a happy dance,

KA

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you feel that good when your kids are gone, what was the point of having them in the first place?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:My kids are back in school!!

I'm going to drop the littlest off at pre-school and hit Barnes and Noble - ALONE! Yee Haw!

Doing a happy dance,

KA

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you feel that good when your kids are gone, what was the point of having them in the first place?

I know why you don't understand. You don't have children of your own.

I love being with my kids, but everyone needs a break sometimes. I stay home with them 24/7 and they get bored in the summer, so I have to endlessly entertain them. None of us are happy cooped up together all the time. Six hours away during the day is nice for everyone. I still have my four year old almost all day, and I love the time I get to spend with her while the others are at school. She's learning to read. But we both like the few hours a week she spends at pre-school.

It's a necessary break, Dr. Shades. At least it is for me and my girls.

When school's almost over, we'll be ready for summer again. And I'll enjoy it for eight weeks and pull out my hair the other three or four. :)

KA

PS - I was Mormon when I had them. They were waiting patiently in the Sprit World for their bodies, you know. Looking back, maybe I wouldn't have had so many kids if I weren't Mormon, but I can't very well send them back, can I? And I wouldn't even if I could.
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

KA, my hubbie was supposed to take the month of August off, but he has a tape out this week. After that I am really keeping my fingers crossed.

For 5 weeks I can pretty much keep my son entertained, 3 months is a little long I think. I think our longer summer holidays (though as far as I know they were never 3 months) were harvest based. I know in the Med, it just gets so hot, but they have early morning school, coming home at lunch time.

We live right out in the countryside, with no pathways outside the house, it's beautiful but dangerous to go out the front drive. (car drivers refusing to go the speed limit) We've got swimming, stunt kite flying, woodland walks, the Planetarium in Baker Street, Oxford NH Museum, Warwick Castle, and maybe some weekend trips on the menu, and just maybe add to that a couple of weeks in Greece or Portugal (gonna be late booking)... But 3 months...that would be bad for him I think, because he needs to be around other kids. The kids in the village are either younger or a lot older, and they get fed up of our son always going on about science...and he can't do any of the sport clubs that involve contact. (football etc) I only know the dynamics of having one. But I know for sure that he needs to be around other kids socially. (Playground is tricky because he has no experience of rough and tumble play)

Mary