Thank God for Answered Nonprayers!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Thank God for Answered Nonprayers!

Post by _sailgirl7 »

So it's been a rough month and we have been low on food money(what's new) and I was staring into my fridge wondering what miracle it would take to turn a half dozen eggs, a half loaf of bread and some various condiments into dinner. Of course- egg salad sandwiches! So I began the task with joyful anticipation. When suddenly there was a knock at the door. Who is there? My neighbor coming with dinner. Yes, you heard me right. My nonlds Vietnamese neighbors came and saved the day! Now mind you, this is not the first time but it is the fourth time they have randomly brought me dinner! And boy is it good food! So isn't that nice, I don't even have to say a prayer- they just give and I just gratefully recieve. Good people those are! I love getting answers for things I don't ask for!
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

I LOVE Vietnamese food.

I think I will pray for some. Lucky you.
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Post by _sailgirl7 »

barrelomonkeys wrote:I LOVE Vietnamese food.

I think I will pray for some. Lucky you.

Yes, I love Vietnamese food too- so I am the luckiest girl ever!

Now if only some Indian(from India) neighbors would move in, because that's my favorite food! Well...maybe Thai food is...wait...no...Morroccan....wait....no....I just need a neighbor from every country then I'd be set! ;-)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

How about some southern neighbors.....if you don't like fried chicken you will probably be able to get some White Lightning from them.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Post by _sailgirl7 »

Bond...James Bond wrote:How about some southern neighbors.....if you don't like fried chicken you will probably be able to get some White Lightning from them.

Bond,

Fried chicken is good to eat but bad for losing weight. :-) And what is White Lightning anyway?
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

sailgirl7 wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:How about some southern neighbors.....if you don't like fried chicken you will probably be able to get some White Lightning from them.

Bond,

Fried chicken is good to eat but bad for losing weight. :-) And what is White Lightning anyway?

moonshine....hooch....grampas old cough medicine.

Illegal bourbon or whiskey that hasn't been flavored or aged.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Post by _sailgirl7 »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
moonshine....hooch....grampas old cough medicine.

Illegal bourbon or whiskey that hasn't been flavored or aged.

Oh well that shows what I know! I've never had the stuff, have you?
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

sailgirl7 wrote:Oh well that shows what I know! I've never had the stuff, have you?

Nope.....I enjoy my brain cells too much. I figure I could probably get some if I wanted some though......
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

My Latina neighbor brought me enchiladas once. YUMMY! They were so good.

Once, I decided to take her some of my homemade salsa. I was nervous because she's a great cook, but she loved it, or so she says. ;)

I'm so happy you had a good dinner.

KA
_sailgirl7
_Emeritus

Post by _sailgirl7 »

KimberlyAnn wrote:My Latina neighbor brought me enchiladas once. YUMMY! They were so good.

Once, I decided to take her some of my homemade salsa. I was nervous because she's a great cook, but she loved it, or so she says. ;)

I'm so happy you had a good dinner.

KA

Oh how could I forget latin food! That's awesome you have a giving neighbor like that. I'm sure your salsa was excellent- you'll have to make some for me to try. :-)