Why am I Awake?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

What is wrong with my avatar?

Total votes: 0

_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Listening to it again gramps.

You should post this and the other songs in the Shady Acres Jukebox thread.

:)

Yeah, I'm working up a post with a few of my favorites. In due time.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Coggins7
_Emeritus

Post by _Coggins7 »

No, actually, it's sitting here listening to Willie Nelson repeatedly. That's probably the bottom of the barrel.

This could indicate the presence of very serious psychiatric conditions that require immediate attention. Continual listening to Willie Nelson can also lead to clinical depression, chemical dependency, Bi-Polar Disorder, the Bends, and Rabbititus.

Total abstinence is your only hope.
The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance.

- Thomas S. Monson
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Coggins7 wrote:
No, actually, it's sitting here listening to Willie Nelson repeatedly. That's probably the bottom of the barrel.

This could indicate the presence of very serious psychiatric conditions that require immediate attention. Continual listening to Willie Nelson can also lead to clinical depression, chemical dependency, Bi-Polar Disorder, the Bends, and Rabbititus.

Total abstinence is your only hope.

Oh Dr. Coggins! This explains so much!

*detoxing*
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Willie Nelson is a rich well to mine golden musical nuggets from. I do tend to enjoy his recorded songs better than his live performances though.

Trivia, He wrote Heartbreak Hotel for Elvis Presley and Crazy for Patsy Cline.

My wife gets insomnia. i tihnk its from the injections she takes. Makes her wired.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Ack! Again, awake......... out of sleeping meds..................... where are my insomnia buddies?

Oh the horror. I may have to go read or something.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

In sympathy I am responding, albeit belatedly to your insomnia. I can't stand the mornings and I love the night. If I could, id sleep all day and work at night. I seem to get more done and I just enjoy being able to go on walks during the middle of a southern night.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Mercury wrote:In sympathy I am responding, albeit belatedly to your insomnia. I can't stand the mornings and I love the night. If I could, id sleep all day and work at night. I seem to get more done and I just enjoy being able to go on walks during the middle of a southern night.

Oh me too Mercury. The air feels so marvelous at night doesn't it?

I bet it's humid where you are. I love southern nights!
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Ack! Again, awake......... out of sleeping meds..................... where are my insomnia buddies?

Oh the horror. I may have to go read or something.

Wow, how did I miss you last night?

I was up, too!

;)
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
Mercury wrote:In sympathy I am responding, albeit belatedly to your insomnia. I can't stand the mornings and I love the night. If I could, id sleep all day and work at night. I seem to get more done and I just enjoy being able to go on walks during the middle of a southern night.

Oh me too Mercury. The air feels so marvelous at night doesn't it?

I bet it's humid where you are. I love southern nights!

Me too.

I pace when I am on the phone so I go out into my backyard and walk from end to end while chatting (at night, of course).
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Mercury, it's gotten rather chilly outside at night here. For you?

I slept all night last night! I can't recall the last time I've gotten more than 4 hours of sleep. :)

Insomnia be gone! *poof*