Art Brut...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Oh for the love of sweet baby jesus. What the “F” is wrong with these women? Shades??????? How are you going to go looking at ghost towns with me if wifey has a snit? Runtu!!!! I hope this doesn't mean you can't meet for lunch, dinner, other things like the exmo conference, exploring sites in Utah...“F” man why do you think I'm coming for three months? To sit in my parent's basement??? ARGHHHHHH!!!!!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Blixa wrote:Oh for the love of sweet baby jesus. What the “F” is wrong with these women? Shades??????? How are you going to go looking at ghost towns with me if wifey has a snit? Runtu!!!! I hope this doesn't mean you can't meet for lunch, dinner, other things like the exmo conference, exploring sites in Utah...“F” man why do you think I'm coming for three months? To sit in my parent's basement??? ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

Yes, we can get together. But I think a trip to Vegas is out of the question. Sigh.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Blixa wrote:Oh for the love of sweet baby jesus. What the “F” is wrong with these women? Shades??????? How are you going to go looking at ghost towns with me if wifey has a snit? Runtu!!!! I hope this doesn't mean you can't meet for lunch, dinner, other things like the exmo conference, exploring sites in Utah...“F” man why do you think I'm coming for three months? To sit in my parent's basement??? ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

LOL! I agree with you, Blixa.

I ALMOST wish I lived in Utah again, if it meant I could hang out with you guys.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

I picked up one of their albums over the weekend. I dig it (especially the witty British humor). They kind of remind me of a rock version of The Streets.

by the way,
We spent the weekend on a recording blitz. Friday night we were at the studio until 12:00ish (i.e. Midnight). We're trying to finalize at least one song as soon as possible. All that's left is accordian, and some additional harmonies on the vocals. Hopefully we will have the one song done, mixed, and mastered within the next two weeks.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Doctor Steuss wrote:I picked up one of their albums over the weekend. I dig it (especially the witty British humor). They kind of remind me of a rock version of The Streets.

by the way,
We spent the weekend on a recording blitz. Friday night we were at the studio until 12:00ish (I.e. Midnight). We're trying to finalize at least one song as soon as possible. All that's left is accordian, and some additional harmonies on the vocals. Hopefully we will have the one song done, mixed, and mastered within the next two weeks.

That's great. I would like to hear it all when you are done.

And, as Blixa mentioned, I love Art Brut. "It's irony. It's not rock and roll. We're just talking to the kids."
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Your gig is tomorrow, Steuss! Yay!

Good Luck and have fun!!

Wishing I could be there,

KA
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

Just seen this thread - thanks for pointing me towards these guys Doc. Their brilliant - hadn't come across them before...
...they kinda remind me of (old) Elastica...

All the best with your gig. What do you play by the way?

...and I'll want some links to some of your tunes. (Not Coldplay tunes - this 'other' band your in...)

They kind of remind me of a rock version of The Streets

You like The Streets as well?
Respect!
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Your gig is tomorrow, Steuss! Yay!

Good Luck and have fun!!

Wishing I could be there,

KA

I am a bloody nervous wreck right now...
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

RenegadeOfPhunk wrote:
All the best with your gig. What do you play by the way?

I play this:

And harmonica.

...and I'll want some links to some of your tunes. (Not Coldplay tunes - this 'other' band your in...)

But, my stuff from drumming with Coldplay is the bomb-diggidy. Ok, I'll get you links for the other stuff (once we're done recording).

You like The Streets as well?
Respect!

"We met through a common view. She liked me and I did too."
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Don't be nervous! I think you're going do great and have a blast. Gee, if I didn't have four kids to take care of, I'd be on a plane to Vegas to see the show!

You must return and report, Steuss!

KA