Art Brut...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Art Brut...

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Anyone here ever heard of the band “Art Brut”?

RenagadeOfFunk, you out there? I think they're from the UK...
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

OMG! runtu and I are like major fans! Have you seen them live? They're hilarious and really fun after the show. I think I've seen them abut 4 times in all.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:OMG! runtu and I are like major fans! Have you seen them live? They're hilarious and really fun after the show. I think I've seen them abut 4 times in all.

The band I'm in is opening for them next week. I had never heard of them and didn't know if they were any good.

Groovy.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

I've heard of them. Runtu has sent me some of their music.

Congratulations on opening for them Steuss! I wish I could be there!

KA
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

That is the coolest thing since a friend of mine's band opened for Deerhoof in Sweden.

I'd love to see the show! Art Brut are great---really smart and funny, but also a solid and tight band. I often wear their t-shirt with the lyric "Popular Culture no longer applies to me" on it.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

That's cool, Steuss. Let us know how it goes. I've listened to a few Art Brut tracks...it's pretty good stuff.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Eddie Argos is hot. Hotter than Steuss? Mmmm....need further data to determine.

Its been so long since I did this: how long does it take to drive from SLC to Las Vegas? I'll be in Utah starting Friday...
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Blixa wrote:Eddie Argos is hot. Hotter than Steuss? Mmmm....need further data to determine.

Its been so long since I did this: how long does it take to drive from SLC to Las Vegas? I'll be in Utah starting Friday...

I’m really feeling sheepish now. I didn’t know they were such a great band. I just got a text from our lead-singer guitar player telling me about the show this morning (all he gave was time and details), so I had no idea what a big deal it was. I emailed my brother and just got a response from him telling me how amazing they are too. Man, do I feel like an ass.

Vegas is about a 7 hour drive from SLC. The show is only going to be $10. It’s at the Art Bar down on Freemont Street.

PS.
Thank you for the congrats everyone (silentkid, KimberlyAnn, and of course the lovely Blixa). I will definitely report back after it is done (it will be next Thursday).

PPS.
Silentkid,
We are currently recording and should have some songs done and up on our Myspace page and on ITunes by the first of October. I will try to remember to shoot you a PM or something when they are up.

Hugs,
Stu
Last edited by Reflexzero on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I have no idea if I'll have wheels by then, but if its possible I'd like to try to come. Details to follow (when I get to slc and get my laptop set up and endless other details that ensue when one stays at one's parent's house).
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Oh! That is so cool Steuss. Congrats and have a great show!