Missing BYU Student

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Missing BYU Student

Post by _Runtu »

I don't know how many of you have been following the story of Camille Cleverley, the BYU student who has been missing since last week.

Here's the story. Anyway, this morning I was driving down State St. past the "Clean Getaway" car wash at the exact moment the guy on the radio was saying the police had scoured the car wash for evidence last night. Totally creeped me out.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like something good happened to her. I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Yikes!

That's scary!

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family, too.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Sort of puts the petty concerns in our own lives into perspective, doesn't it?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Re: Missing BYU Student

Post by _Brackite »

Runtu wrote:I don't know how many of you have been following the story of Camille Cleverley, the BYU student who has been missing since last week.

Here's the story. Anyway, this morning I was driving down State St. past the "Clean Getaway" car wash at the exact moment the guy on the radio was saying the police had scoured the car wash for evidence last night. Totally creeped me out.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like something good happened to her. I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi,
I have been following this news story event, mainly on the TV News here in Utah. They still haven't found Camille yet. I do really hope that they do find her alive soon.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Wow, tons of support, volunteers, and news coverage over a missing college student.

Opps! A WHITE Mormon college student from BYU.. OK, now I understand.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

They found her body.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695208636,00.html

It appears she may have been hiking near Bridal Veil Falls and simply fell to her death.

The two teens that stole her bike really do have some problems.

The bike was a purple and silver Schwinn purchased from ShopKo.

What would posses these two to steal a frggin Schwinn? My good hell, someone find these too saps and help them! They probably think Huffy is a good brand too!

What was it like a $89 bike?

But anywho, I was glad to see that missing white Mormon girls still garner all of the attention in Zion.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

PP....Let's at least have some respect for the girl's family. It's a tragic accident. My daughter is that age and in school.

I don't care about this girl's race, her religion, etc. It's sad that a young college student with so much life ahead of her died.

As a mother, I find that sad.

And as a father, you should, too.

Stop the cynicism for five seconds.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

liz3564 wrote:PP....Let's at least have some respect for the girl's family. It's a tragic accident. My daughter is that age and in school.

I don't care about this girl's race, her religion, etc. It's sad that a young college student with so much life ahead of her died.

As a mother, I find that sad.

And as a father, you should, too.

Stop the cynicism for five seconds.

On the one hand, I understand what PP is saying. People go missing all the time, but it's rare that a nonwhite, lower-economic class person is splashed all over the news.

That said, this whole episode is tragic for everyone involved. My thoughts and prayers are with the grieving family.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:On the one hand, I understand what PP is saying. People go missing all the time, but it's rare that a nonwhite, lower-economic class person is splashed all over the news.

I understand the point, and actually agree with it.

I just think it's in bad form to use this tragic incident as a catalyst to make a point.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

liz3564 wrote:
Runtu wrote:On the one hand, I understand what PP is saying. People go missing all the time, but it's rare that a nonwhite, lower-economic class person is splashed all over the news.

I understand the point, and actually agree with it.

I just think it's in bad form to use this tragic incident as a catalyst to make a point.

So do I.
Runtu's Rincón