Request thine features!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Dr. Shades wrote:I have some suggestions:

1. Increase the allowable characters in the titles when making a new post.

Doable

2. Allow the title of a post to end with actual quotation marks instead of transforming them into """

Not doable. If I were to do this, it opens up a giant hole that allows people to just run amok in our database.

3. Have new registrants not show up under the "welcome to our newest member" banner until they actually verify their membership via e-mail. As it is, although spam-bots cannot post until they verify, they still show up in the member list and I have to delete them all just as before.

A captcha system is in the works.

4. Delete the Celestial-Terrestrial-Telestial rooms in the chat room. Just have one default room titled "MormonDiscussions chat" (or something) but leave the ability to create your own rooms, etc. As it is, nobody bothers to use the Terrestrial or Telestial forums; they just chat within whatever room they're defaulted into whenever they click on the "Jon Chat" link.

I agree.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Here's what I'd like to see:

1) Be able to rank threads (within a kingdom) by most replies, views, by when a thread was started, and by post starter (alphabetically)....

Much harder to do than you'd think. However, I will see if anyone else has done it, and try to steal their code.

2) A little more space in the signatures (dang I wish I had just a few more characters)

Getting popular now.

3) The ability for Gods or whatever to change their "avatar title" (I hate having to bug Dr. Shades every time I have a semi-stupid, semi-funny thought that I'd like to have as my avatar title)

I can probably do that.

Maybe more to come....those just off the top of my (very selfish thinking) head.

Well, the only way to be selfless is to be selfish.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I would like a feature where you could see your last dozen posts.

Also an indent and center text feature would be nice. How about a bullets feature? I have heard many say smilies would be nice.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace