Wow, talk about Chastizing yourself

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nephi

Wow, talk about Chastizing yourself

Post by _Nephi »

After the extremely lengthy Universalism thread I started on MAD, I think I am getting ignored by the majority of the Mormons over there. It seems that others have a right to worship God as they see fit, but if one of their own members sees things differently, you're not worth anything.... So my conundrum here is that MAD thinks I am a freak, and most individuals here see me as similar, so I am losing a place to call home now :(....

Oh well, this is what is meant by the narrow path. Not too many people to converse with while you walk it.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Oh sweetie, if you think you're a freak you're in good company here.

*huggles*
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

For what it's worth, Nephi, I like your posts.

;)

I hope you stick around here.

We're a lot more fun than the mad folks at MAD.

LOL
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Hey, I liked you since you first mentioned Universalism. When I used to attend the UUs, I always liked the old Universalist teachings the best.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Well I liked you since you first mentioned whatever it was that made me like you Nephi.

Please don't leave! Keep posting. They tolerate me here! You fit in. Promise!

For Nephi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em80ViNV ... ed&search=

(Don't waste your time with MAD, waste your time with me and other MDB posters. :) )
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

A lil tear just swelled up on my cheek. Thanks Book of Mormon. One of those songs for me that makes my skin crawl.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Wow, talk about Chastizing yourself

Post by _Runtu »

Nephi wrote:After the extremely lengthy Universalism thread I started on MAD, I think I am getting ignored by the majority of the Mormons over there. It seems that others have a right to worship God as they see fit, but if one of their own members sees things differently, you're not worth anything.... So my conundrum here is that MAD thinks I am a freak, and most individuals here see me as similar, so I am losing a place to call home now :(....

Oh well, this is what is meant by the narrow path. Not too many people to converse with while you walk it.

I don't think you're a freak at all. I admire people who manage to find their own path that works for them, as you seem to have done. The problem over there is that once you step outside of orthodoxy, you're suspect. Sorry you've been treated that way. I'm glad you contribute here, as you always have something interesting to say, and you have made me rethink some things, which is always a good thing.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Nephi

Re: Wow, talk about Chastizing yourself

Post by _Nephi »

Runtu wrote:...you have made me rethink some things, which is always a good thing.

Woohoo! The church is true!!!! j/k :P

Thanks for all the input, guys. I wasn't trying to make a "poor lil ole me" thread (though I guess that is what I did make). But the feedback was definitely needed after the let down my universalist thread turned into over there. Thanks all (even you Merc)..