"Women are NUTS" or "I have a date"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

keene wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:What's the "game"? I'm not getting what you're saying Keene!

The game is simply this: Women communicate through indirect means: Body language, voice tonality, quirky tests, etc. Men, on the other hand, are naturally more direct. However, because they don't feel they can be direct about 'relations', they become wussies.

So, the way I'm trying to learn to play, is by learning the indirect communication, so I can communicate directly indirectly.

Well you've not met every woman obviously. :)

Sure I communicate through body language. I like you, I'm going to be closer. I'm going to bat my lashes... or whatever! But I'm not fooling around. I LIKE you and you KNOW it! I let you know. Through more than body language. That's not a game. That's me attracting the man, and keeping his attention, to let him know I'm interested.

Men do it too! That's not a game. It's a mating ritual.

I have NO quirky tests. Please expound on this.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Anyway, I'm off to the bar. I've been studying the game all day, so we'll see how it plays.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Oh god! Now I'm thinking I do play games?

Is this what men think? They're trying to read us and wondering what we mean by what we do? Maybe there's nothing going on underneath what we do?

Just is! Whatever I say or do has nothing more to it. Just is what it is. Ack! I think men think we play games and are probably rather confused instead of taking us at face value. Maybe? Dunno.

ooooooooohhhhh..... I don't want to be back in the "game".
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I think people who look for games will see games. If you over analyze every action sure you'll misinterpret someone's actions and think games are being played. Odds are that most people are just bumbling around in the dark trying to figure life out. It doesn't help that men are from Mars and women are insane.

(J/K!)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Bond...James Bond wrote:I think people who look for games will see games. If you over analyze every action sure you'll misinterpret someone's actions and think games are being played. Odds are that most people are just bumbling around in the dark trying to figure life out. It doesn't help that men are from Mars and women are insane.

(J/K!)

Oh! I'm a bumbler for sure. I sure as hell hope no one thinks I'm playing any game!
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

FYI: I'm a big bumbler too. I couldn't play a game with a girl if we had Shoots and Ladders sitting between us.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Thinking about stuff right now...... there is no doubt there are men/man that thinks I play games! That saddens me so much. :(
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

barrelomonkeys wrote:
I have NO quirky tests. Please expound on this.

One test that many women use is the "my husband will be..." test. A woman will start listing off what they are looking for in a husband. The man then usually fails, by trying to emulate those things, or expanding on how he fits them. He will lose composure, and try to gain his place in her eyes. He feels if he doesn't show her that he is those things, he will lose her.

It's a very subtle game, and most people don't see it happening, but the subtle ones are the ones that really direct the flow.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Thinking about stuff right now...... there is no doubt there are men/man that thinks I play games! That saddens me so much. :(

You do play games. You just don't think they're games, because they seem so straightforward to you. Your mind makes it all very clear. But the fact is, mens and womens minds work VERY differently. What seems straightforward to you is not even CLOSE to straightforward to a man. What you so and say may seem clear as day to you, and to most other women, but a man will definitely be bumbling in the dark when he sees it. Men naturally look out for different things.

There definitly is always a game going on. By calling it a "game" and putting rules on it, it allows the male mind to seek out and pick up the subtle signals.

One book that would explain the "game" from the guys end, for the women's mind, is "The MANual." I forget who it was written by, but it talks all about the "bad boy," and why women are so attracted to him. I read it the other day, and figured out that THAT is the game! Women don't know the rules, either, even though they're the ones who made them. :)
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

by the way, I got another number, so the game works :P

Some girl at the bar was having her 21st birthday, and she got a Wii. I went over and said "NOW I want to be your friend." :)