UFC

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

What do you think of the UFC?

Total votes: 0

_silentkid
_Emeritus

UFC

Post by _silentkid »

This topic is for those who watch the UFC. I'm pretty sure that's only me and Gaz. There were some great fights on Spike on Wednesday night. The Chris Leben fight was amazing. I'm looking forward to UFC 76 this Saturday night. Anyone else planning on watching it? Post your thoughts about the UFC here.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

I voted that I'll only watch it if there's nothing else on. I'm a bit of an HD snob - i only like to watch programs that are in HD - and I haven't seen any UFC on any of the HD channels (except on Versus I think, but the show itself isn't in HD).

I'm just excited for Heroes to start up again.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Who Knows wrote:I voted that I'll only watch it if there's nothing else on. I'm a bit of an HD snob - I only like to watch programs that are in HD - and I haven't seen any UFC on any of the HD channels (except on Versus I think, but the show itself isn't in HD).

I'm just excited for Heroes to start up again.

I'm an HD snob too. The only time I don't watch the HD channels is when I'm watching Spike. The pay-per-view fights are broadcast in HD, but they're really expensive. I share the cost with my brother. I hope Spike gets an HD channel soon.

For those who chose the "What is the UFC" option: UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship. It's a venue for mixed martial arts fighting. The contestants fight in an 8-sided cage. There are virtually no rules. Fighters can strike (kicks, punches, elbows, knees), wrestle, use judo and jujitsu and other martial arts disciplines. Regular fights consist of three, five minute rounds. Championship fights have five, five minute rounds. A fighter can win by knockout, technical knockout, submission, or judges scorecard. Fights in the US are regulated by the state's (usually Nevada or California) boxing commission. All the fighting is real...this is no WWF or TNA or whatever that crap is called.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I'll watch it when nothing else is on.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

I just don't care for it, honestly... Not much for me. I dunno, too much like gladiators. What's next, throwing lions in the ring as well? :P
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Nephi wrote:I just don't care for it, honestly... Not much for me. I dunno, too much like gladiators. What's next, throwing lions in the ring as well? :P

They could make it like that Schwarzenegger movie Running Man. Give them chainsaws and stuff. ;)
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

silentkid wrote:
Nephi wrote:I just don't care for it, honestly... Not much for me. I dunno, too much like gladiators. What's next, throwing lions in the ring as well? :P

They could make it like that Schwarzenegger movie Running Man. Give them chainsaws and stuff. ;)

Throw the Guvonator into the ring and I would watch that UFC (but there has to be at least 4 chainsaws available at all times, though.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Where the hell did Gaz go? I can't be the only UFC fan here! I feeeeel so alone. :(
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

silentkid wrote:Where the hell did Gaz go? I can't be the only UFC fan here! I feeeeel so alone. :(

I was just wondering where Gaz had gone! Where are you Gaz?

KA