Real Proof of Voter Fraud.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Real Proof of Voter Fraud.

Post by Gunnar »

Rachel Maddow reported that right after the Presidential election, Lt Governor of Texas, Dan Patrick offered up to a million dollar prize to anyone who could provide proof of voter fraud in the election, hoping to cast legitimate doubt on the legitimacy of Biden's election. Pennsylvania's Lt Governor, John Fetterman, took him up on the offer and provided several proven cases of actual, deliberate voter fraud. Unfortunately, all of them were of Republicans, who voted in the name of dead relatives for Trump, to increase his chances of winning. All of them received punishments that were the equivalent of a light slap on the wrist, and are still running around free.

Meanwhile, Crystal Mason, a black woman in Texas, who mistakenly filled out a provisional ballot, with no intent to deceive, was sentenced to 5 years of hard time for trying to cast an illegal vote for Biden. And the case of Hervis Rogers that Maddow also mentioned is even more egregious. See the video.

https://youtu.be/bZF_wEg6MKI?t=879

Apparently, in this country, voter fraud, even if intentional and blatant, is not a serious crime, if committed by a white man on behalf of a narcissistic Republican candidate, while a Black woman, even mistakenly filling out a provisional ballot, that she was advised to fill out by county election officials until they could confirm her eligibility status, to vote Democrat with good intentions to do one's civic duty, and wound up never even being counted, deserves years of hard Prison time! Does anyone fail to see how unfair and outrageous this all is?

And one of the key figures behind these injustices is Ken Paxton, Texas' Attorney General, who has been under indictment for securities fraud for years, and is so corrupt that 7 of his own Deputy Attorney Generals reported him to law enforcement.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Re: Real Proof of Voter Fraud.

Post by Gunnar »

Does anyone here think that Crystal Mason or Hervis Rogers would have been dealt with just as harshly, had they been white people who tried to vote for Trump, or even if they merely tried to vote for Trump?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:02 am
Does anyone here think that Crystal Mason or Hervis Rogers would have been dealt with just as harshly, had they been white people who tried to vote for Trump, or even if they merely tried to vote for Trump?
I think fraud juries need to take this into consideration when deliberating on the Trump indictments.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:42 pm
Rachel Maddow reported that right after the Presidential election, Lt Governor of Texas, Dan Patrick offered up to a million dollar prize to anyone who could provide proof of voter fraud in the election, hoping to cast legitimate doubt on the legitimacy of Biden's election. Pennsylvania's Lt Governor, John Fetterman, took him up on the offer and provided several proven cases of actual, deliberate voter fraud. Unfortunately, all of them were of Republicans, who voted in the name of dead relatives for Trump, to increase his chances of winning. All of them received punishments that were the equivalent of a light slap on the wrist, and are still running around free.

Meanwhile, Crystal Mason, a black woman in Texas, who mistakenly filled out a provisional ballot, with no intent to deceive, was sentenced to 5 years of hard time for trying to cast an illegal vote for Biden. And the case of Hervis Rogers that Maddow also mentioned is even more egregious. See the video.

https://youtu.be/bZF_wEg6MKI?t=879

Apparently, in this country, voter fraud, even if intentional and blatant, is not a serious crime, if committed by a white man on behalf of a narcissistic Republican candidate, while a Black woman, even mistakenly filling out a provisional ballot, that she was advised to fill out by county election officials until they could confirm her eligibility status, to vote Democrat with good intentions to do one's civic duty, and wound up never even being counted, deserves years of hard Prison time! Does anyone fail to see how unfair and outrageous this all is?

And one of the key figures behind these injustices is Ken Paxton, Texas' Attorney General, who has been under indictment for securities fraud for years, and is so corrupt that 7 of his own Deputy Attorney Generals reported him to law enforcement.
Gunnar, I would like to thank you for supplying comic relief this morning! It's 6:55 am and I just backed up to the loading dock and was getting ready to write my reply over on the thread where we are talking about critical race theory, but I started reading through other threads and see where on one, you're bashing Tucker Carlson and I think, ok, that's fair, he doesn't like Carlson because he leans left. Then click on this thread and see you're using Rachel Maddow as a source😂🤣😂🤣😂, I almost laughed so hard my lungs started coming out of my mouth😂😂😂. Holy crap man!! Hey!! If you have have pay-pal or a cash app acount send me your information, I'd like to send you some money, that was an awesome post, better than going to the comedy club. Ohohohohoh, oh no, crap, my stomach!! my stomach!! Ouch!! I think I was laughing too hard!! I need a bathroom, oh crap, help!!😁

Man!!! That was close!!! I almost pooped my pants. Dangit!!!! There's no toilet paper!!!!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Unlike the case with fox commentators like Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and other Fox commentators I have found no compelling justification to doubt the veracity of Rachel Maddox. Can you show any evidence of her general dishonesty or unreliability? I know Fox news hates her. I can think of no more convincing endorsement of her than that! Fox hardly even pretends anymore that it is a legitimate or reliable news source.

Everything she said in that video has been reported and documented by numerous other sources.

LWVTX Supports Crystal Mason-Hobbs in Her Appeal
At the hearing, Crystal’s attorneys argued that (1) Crystal did not “vote” within the meaning of Texas’s illegal voting statute because she submitted a provisional ballot that was rejected; (2) the conviction conflicts with the Help America Vote Act, a federal law which requires that all states permit any individual who believes he or she is eligible to vote to cast a provisional ballot; and (3) Crystal did not know that the State considered her ineligible to vote, which is required by the illegal voting statute. The appellate court justices were active and engaged in the arguments and asked questions of both sides.

The League of Women Voters of Texas joined the fight against Crystal’s conviction by filing an amicus brief in support of her appeal, arguing that her conviction was not supported by Texas law, was unconstitutional, and will discourage citizens from voting in elections. The amicus brief is available here. The Houston Chronicle also published an opinion piece written by the League of Women Voters of Texas concerning this case. The opinion piece is available here. We are hopeful that the Fort Worth Court of Appeals will reverse and order a judgment of acquittal for Crystal. No Texan should be sent to jail for experiencing genuine misunderstanding around what should be treated as a basic right.
https://sentencing.typepad.com/sentenci ... gally.html
A judge sentenced a Rendon woman to five years in prison Wednesday for voting illegally in the 2016 presidential election while she was on supervised release from a 2011 fraud conviction. Crystal Mason, 43, waived her right to a jury trial and chose to have state District Judge Ruben Gonzalez assess her sentence.

J. Warren St. John, her defense attorney, said after the verdict was rendered that an appeal had already been filed and he is hopeful his client will soon be released on bond. "I find it amazing that the government feels she made this up," St. John told the court. "She was never told that she couldn't vote, and she voted in good faith. Why would she risk going back to prison for something that is not going to change her life?"...

During her testimony, Mason — who served just shy of three years in federal prison — told the court that she was assigned a provisional ballot after she arrived at her usual polling place and discovered that her name was not on the voter roll.
https://www.lwv.org/newsroom/news-clips ... ple-prison
Three years ago, Crystal Mason-Hobbs submitted a provisional ballot in the 2016 election that was not counted. As a citizen returning to her community, she assumed her voting rights had been restored when she was released from prison. But she was still on federal supervised release, so the state of Texas argued that she was ineligible to vote and had voted illegally.

For trying to fulfill her civic duty, Mason-Hobbs was sentenced to five years in prison. Her conviction has already turned her life and that of her family upside down. She is now challenging her conviction on appeal, and we have submitted a brief asking the court to fix this grave injustice.

When you look at our voting laws in Texas, it’s hard to make a case that they are meant to protect voters. The laws that govern voting are often archaic or ambiguous. The burden to follow the rules is placed on the individual voter and not the officials enforcing them.
Meet Crystal Mason, the Black Texas Mother Facing 5+ Years in Prison for Voting in the 2016 Election
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

What if Rachel Maddow were spied on by the Trump administration for seeking an interview with Putin? What if a bureaucrat unmasked her identity and then leaked her emails to the press in an effort to get her show cancelled?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:29 pm
What if Rachel Maddow were spied on by the Trump administration for seeking an interview with Putin? What if a bureaucrat unmasked her identity and then leaked her emails to the press in an effort to get her show cancelled?
There is literally nothing you won't swallow if it's manufactured by your side of the political spectrum. Good Lord.

Read this post by Honor, and get your mind right:

viewtopic.php?p=29836#p29836

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Hervis Rogers
Hervis Rogers became a national symbol of tenacity when he cast his ballot in last year’s presidential primaries
“I wanted to get my vote in, voice my opinion,” he told a local ABC affiliate after his long wait to cast his ballot in the 2020 election. “I wasn’t going to let anything stop me, so I waited it out.”

But on Wednesday, according to Houston Public Media, he was arrested and charged with two counts of illegal voting.
“The arrest and prosecution of Mr Rogers should alarm all Texans. He waited in line for over six hours to vote to fulfill what he believed to be his civic duty, and is now locked up on a bail amount that most people could not afford,” said Andre Segura, the legal director of the Texas ACLU, in a statement. “He faces potentially decades in jail. Our laws should not intimidate people from voting by increasing the risk of prosecution for, at worst, innocent mistakes.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hervi ... uxbndlbing
Rogers did not know that he was voting illegally, the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas, who is representing Rogers, told CNN Friday.

Andre Segura, ACLU Texas' legal director, told CNN that Rogers fully believed that he was legally eligible to vote.

"That's why he went and stood in line for almost seven hours and spoke to CNN about it. He felt he was doing the right thing," Segura explained. "Where's the evidence he knew or intended to vote illegally?"

Lawyers are now trying to get an understanding of what the status of his criminal history was at the time he voted.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Pennsylvania’s Lt. Gov. Keeps Trolling Texas Counterpart Over $1M Voter Fraud Offer
In one of those states ― Pennsylvania ― a high-profile case emerged in which a man admitted to illegally casting a ballot for Trump in the name of his dead mother. The suspect also registered his dead mother-in-law to vote, with the intention of casting another ballot for the president. A similar case surfaced in the state in which a man sought to vote for Trump through his deceased mom.

Fetterman has been pressing his assertion that these cases should qualify him for Patrick’s jackpot. He’s been trolling Patrick on Twitter asking for the loot, saying he would donate it to food banks in his state.
Is Texas' Dan

Patrick prepared to part with his $1 million reward?
After Donald Trump lost his re-election bid, Republicans settled on a predictable strategy: tell the public there was widespread "voter fraud." All they'd need is some proof.

And while that may have seemed like a straightforward task, producing evidence of a systemic problem that does not exist is quite a bit tougher than it sounds. To that end, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) announced seven weeks ago that he'd be willing to pay up to $1 million as a reward to those who could produce proof of fraud.

At the outset, this appeared to be unwise. As we discussed last month, the Texas Republican was effectively arguing that he and his party assumed there was widespread fraud, but they couldn't prove it, so he hoped financial rewards would produce evidence Republicans couldn't find on their own. Patrick was basically telling the public, "We can't back up our talking points, so I'll pay you to help."

But now there's a related problem: Patrick's counterpart in Pennsylvania has uncovered real-world evidence of Trump voters committing fraud, and he wants the Texan to pay up. The Houston Chronicle reported:

All John Fetterman wants for Christmas is the $3 million he says Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick owes him. The Democratic lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania has been trolling his Republican counterpart for weeks to collect on the $1 million Patrick offered in November for evidence of fraud in the Nov. 3 election. Three supporters of President Donald Trump have now been charged in separate voter fraud schemes in Pennsylvania. Fetterman says they should all count for bounty purposes.

. . .

Fetterman explained to the Chronicle that he's pushing the issue in part to discredit baseless Republican smears against the elections. "While it's undoubtedly and undeniably hilarious these cases involved Trump voters and their dead mothers, it's irrelevant because it documents how truly rare voter fraud is and how impossible it is to truly pull it off," the Pennsylvania said.
Patrick's response to this was ridiculous!
For his part, a spokesperson for Patrick replied, "It is not clear why Lt. Gov. Fetterman continues on this topic since Democrats don't believe in voter fraud — unless it's the Russians."

It's an unfortunate response. For one thing, Democrats "don't believe in" systemic voter fraud because systemic voter fraud doesn't exist. It's kind of the whole point of this exercise.

For another, no one's accused Russia of engaging in voter fraud -- at least not in the United States -- so much as the Kremlin launched a military intelligence operation in the hopes of putting Donald Trump in power. That's not just a "belief" among Democrats; it's also been confirmed by the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee, which documented the fact that Trump's campaign chairman was in direct, frequent, and secret communication with a Russian intelligence officer throughout his time on the Trump campaign in 2016.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:05 am
Gunnar, I would like to thank you for supplying comic relief this morning...
You're full of crap. His post didn't make you laugh. You just decided to pretend it was laughable and that Rachel Maddow is the equivalent of idiot Carlson.

Again, completely full of crap. Alternatively, you could be dumb as a dodo to believe that nonsense, but my guess is that you're full of crap.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.