30 secs to a 24 hour flu

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nephi

30 secs to a 24 hour flu

Post by _Nephi »

So, dunno if its hit where you are, but we have the flu here; bad! Started w/my 11yo. She came home two days ago, throwing up. It hit out of nowhere! Just all of a sudden, bam, tossing the ole cookies. She stayed home yesterday, but was back at school like nothing happened the next day.

Today, around 6pm, Kepler (19mth old son) started to get sick. It was out of nowhere again, and the funny thing was, he'd throw up, and start running around again. Sue and I had a date planned tonight, but no go w/him being sick. So, I was going to go out, but Sue started to feel ill around 6pm, and at 630, she was doin the ole heeve-ho! I start to go out and get stuff to help her feel better, but oddly enough, no one has had a fever. Well, at midnight, Mesa (my 4yo), woke up projectile vomiting. I have yet to get it.

Sue said that it starts out w/a bigtime head change, followed by a headache, transitioned into stomach aches, back to the headache, back and forth stronger each time until she hit, well, spewing chunks. NO FEVER though, period.

I have yet to get it, and the last time we all got this, my wife was spared, so I hope the same for myself. Just a warning to you all... Be on the lookout for this.

by the way, I don't think its food poisoning because Madi got sick 48 hours before everyone else. God help us all, lol...
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Thinking »

UGH!!

Sounds miserable! I hope you all are feeling better soon!

I hate it when the whole family is sick!

Last winter, we all got so sick, it was horrible. We didn't throw up, but when we had it we couldn't get up off the couch or bed for 2 days. We just felt like we were going to die. Fever too.

Of course, EVERYBODY in the house had it before me, so I had to play nursemaid to a house full of sick people. Then, when I finally got it, everyone else had returned to school or work 'cause they were feeling better, and I was alone, sick as a dog, with my preschooler. No one to care for me...wah!!! LOL, dh sucks at playing nursemaid anyway. It wouldn't have done much good to have him around...
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Madi, Kepler, and Mesa? What are the stories behind those names?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Dr. Shades wrote:Madi, Kepler, and Mesa? What are the stories behind those names?

Madi is short for Madison. Its not too uncommon now for a girl to be named that (though at the time, my wife was a trend setter). The other two have some cool stories behind their names:

Mesa's fullname is Mesa Corinne Hughes. Mesa, after the town my wife was born in (Mesa, AZ), and Corinne after my father's mother. We picked this name out when she was but 4 months in the womb. What makes it soo cool is that she was born on my father's mother's birthday! So she was born on her name sake's birthday.

Kepler's full name is Steven Kepler Hughes. Steven (after my father, who passed 11 years ago), and Kepler, after the German Astronomer who put the final nail into the coffin of Geocentric theory and basically proved the sun was the center of the solar system. To top that off, he did all that without the knowledge of gravity (Newton had yet to "discover" it).

So we kinda dig our lil hippie names for our children. :D
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Nephi wrote:Mesa's fullname is Mesa Corinne Hughes. Mesa, after the town my wife was born in (Mesa, AZ), . . .

So I guess we should all be thankful that she wasn't born in Butte, Montana, eh?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Nephi wrote:Mesa's fullname is Mesa Corinne Hughes. Mesa, after the town my wife was born in (Mesa, AZ), . . .

So I guess we should all be thankful that she wasn't born in Butte, Montana, eh?

Or Santa Claus, IN, or Hell, MI.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Nephi wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:So I guess we should all be thankful that she wasn't born in Butte, Montana, eh?

Or Santa Claus, IN, or Hell, MI.

Or Intercourse, PA or Dildo, Newfoundland, Canada.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07