Why the hell do my limbs keep falling asleep?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Why the hell do my limbs keep falling asleep?

Post by _Sam Harris »

Can anyone think of a good reason why one's limbs would fall asleep quickly? Am I too damn lazy, and my body's just protesting? This didn't happen until after the spinal tap, but firstly it was just this horrid pricking sensation in my limbs...

Now, if I sit in one position for longer than three minutes, I lose all circulation, what the heck?!?!

Any theories? It's annoying.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Why the hell do my limbs keep falling asleep?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

GIMR wrote:Can anyone think of a good reason why one's limbs would fall asleep quickly? Am I too damn lazy, and my body's just protesting? This didn't happen until after the spinal tap, but firstly it was just this horrid pricking sensation in my limbs...

Now, if I sit in one position for longer than three minutes, I lose all circulation, what the heck?!?!

Any theories? It's annoying.

None of us are MD's here, GIMR, you really should be asking your Doc about this. Could you have a pinched nerve? Did you have a fall recently and hurt your back? Are you diabetic?

Just food for thought from a non-MD
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

I need to go yell at my neurologists, this didn't start until after the spinal tap. I forgot to mention it during the last meeting, but that's because I was trying to get them to make sure there was nothing up in my head that shouldn't be (physically, we know about the psychological, LOL!).

I should have mentioned it. I jumped a whole lot on that table when they did the tap, because it seemed like the anesthesia didn't work. After that, and occasionally still, I feel prickling sensations in my heels, elbows, and knees. My arms used to fall asleep when I got tired shortly after the tap.

Who knows, I've been so busy trying to battle the headaches that I haven't paid attention to this. Well, I think I'll have to wait for a while, my insurance with my new job doesn't kick in until December...reminds me, I need to switch my next neurology appt to after that date. Breaks in insurance suck! :-)
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

If you've been to a fairly recent office visit, could you call and ask the questions and let them call you back with answers? Or ask you primary care physician.