Go Rockies!!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Damn, that was an ugly series. I didn't even bother to watch last night. It's not as much fun when you know how it will end.

I didn't actually expect the Rockies to win, but I suppose it would have been nice if they showed up. It was the World Series, after all.

But the important thing to come out of last night was that A-Rod opted out of his contract. What kind of ego does that guy have, to announce that during the World Series. "Look at me!! I'm a huge Attention Whore!"
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

skippy the dead wrote:But the important thing to come out of last night was that A-Rod opted out of his contract. What kind of ego does that guy have, to announce that during the World Series. "Look at me!! I'm a huge Attention Whore!"

Yeah....but I think alot of the blame should be laid at the door of superagent Scott Boras who in my opinion is a total douche bag and is King uber untalented attention whore of the sporting world.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
skippy the dead wrote:But the important thing to come out of last night was that A-Rod opted out of his contract. What kind of ego does that guy have, to announce that during the World Series. "Look at me!! I'm a huge Attention Whore!"

Yeah....but I think alot of the blame should be laid at the door of superagent Scott Boras who in my opinion is a total douche bag and is King uber untalented attention whore of the sporting world.

I agree - Boras definitely is a bit of a horse's ass. But I won't hold Rodriguez blameless on this - he either could have held off telling Boras what he was going to do until after the Series (he had until up to 10 days after the conclusion to exercise his opt-out), or told Boras that he was gonna opt out, and could we announce it the day after the Series. Oh, and then not by leaving a VM for Brian Cashman. Classy.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

The whole Joe Torre thing was obnoxious too. The Yankees lose but they can't go away...got to find a way to stay in the news. Forget about the other teams that were still playing. I hate New York sports teams.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

skippy the dead wrote:Oh, and then not by leaving a VM for Brian Cashman. Classy.

Yeah that was pretty shameless......I plan to hold it against him when he runs for Congress in about 20 years.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07