Go Rockies!!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Go Rockies!!!

Post by _silentkid »

I know (based on previous off-topic sports threads) that most of you don't care for baseball. But, if anything can get one excited this playoff season, it's the Colorado Rockies. They've been on a tear, winning 19 of their last 20 games. Go Rocks!
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

I'm interested to see how far they can take it. I'm pretty sure they'll get spanked by the Indians or the Sox once they get past the D'backs, but it makes for a good ride. So much for the "NL Worst" division!

Plus, that Tulowitzki is fun to watch. And I just don't like the Diamondbacks for some reason.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Go Rockies! (I hate the Red Sox and would love to see them hand it to them candyass Red Sox Nationers)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Make that 20 of their last 21. Last night's game was awesome, especially considering they kept playing in the lousy weather we had out here. This city is going completely nuts and it's about time it's for a team other than the Broncos (whom I loathe).

Skippy: I think it's funny how sports writers label the NL West as the "NL Worst". Three out of five teams in the west finished better than the Cubs, who won the central.

Bond: I'm with you on hating the Red Sox. They have the league's most annoying fans (plus, I really can't stand Manny Ramirez). I'm rooting for Cleveland.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

I watched a large part of that game yesterday while sitting in a bar in the Denver airport! I had a thee and a half hour layover. While I was there, sipping my Fat Tire, I was wishing I had a way to visit Silentkid. I was also wishing the one drunk who was having a fit to actually change the channel from the Rockies game to a football game of some sort would STFU. God, he was annoying.

KA
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

KimberlyAnn wrote:I watched a large part of that game yesterday while sitting in a bar in the Denver airport! I had a thee and a half hour layover. While I was there, sipping my Fat Tire, I was wishing I had a way to visit Silentkid. I was also wishing the one drunk who was having a fit to actually change the channel from the Rockies game to a football game of some sort would STFU. God, he was annoying.

KA

You were in Denver International Airport for three and a half hours?!? I'm a half hour away. Too bad we couldn't have shared some time over some Fat Tires.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

silentkid wrote:(plus, I really can't stand Manny Ramirez).

He needs to wash his batting helmet. It's nasty.

silentkid wrote:I'm rooting for Cleveland.

Me too.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

The Rocks are off to the World Series!! Yay!
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

skippy the dead wrote:He needs to wash his batting helmet. It's nasty.

It looks like someone smeared poop on it. I'm also adding Josh Beckett to my list of most hated Boston Red Sox players. He really needs to shave that dick duster.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Come on Cleveland!

(I really don't care....my braves were out along while ago....I just hate the Red Sox and Yankees and Mets)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07