Signature Lines - Why Did You Choose Yours?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

My original sig line was a statement.

My current one is a challenge to myself.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Honestly, the current one I chose because I was pissed off at Juliann. Not a really good reason for a signature. I'll find something better.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I change my sig line when I feel like it. I often choose lyrics to songs from Bruce Springsteen because he's a Jersey Boy from nearby my own home town or Sam Cooke because he is a god. My current sig line is a line from the text of the book that is my avatar right now. It will change soon...it's nearly Halloween ya know!

:-O
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

I did not choose my sig line, Denial C. Peterson authored it.

However I did choose it for the purpose of pissing off Danny.

A couple of years ago on yonder ZLMB board there was a poster who had the same sig line and Dan got bent outta shape and nearly begged him to remove it... it was fun watching that.

I'd remove his famous quote from my sig line if he told us the real reason for his remaining a defending active member.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Polygamy Porter wrote:I'd remove his famous quote from my sig line if he told us the real reason for his remaining a defending active member.

You mean you don't think it's because he believes it's true? Why do you think he remains?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

asbestosman wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:I'd remove his famous quote from my sig line if he told us the real reason for his remaining a defending active member.

You mean you don't think it's because he believes it's true? Why do you think he remains?

I heard he was a reptilian planning to take over the world using microwave ovens with A.I. chips and Apologetics is just his cover story.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:

Ego.

He would have egg on his face until the day he died.

He has no choice but to defend it.

His ego won't allow him to admit he was wrong, that he wasted half of his life defending the completely indefensible.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Runtu wrote:Honestly, the current one I chose because I was pissed off at Juliann. Not a really good reason for a signature. I'll find something better.

Oh, but it's so classic! House it somewhere so we can rotate it out again later if you change it!
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
asbestosman wrote:

Ego.

His ego won't allow him to admit he was wrong, that he wasted half of his life defending the completely indefensible.

Are you kidding? If he turned on the Church and confessed a belief that it was all a fraud he'd be a celebrity among people. There would follow his expulsion from BYU portrayed as heroic defender of truth versus evil tyranny. An exciting church court with all kinds of insinuations. There would follow big sales for all his books and photo ops with Sandra Tanner. Where would the egg be?
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
asbestosman wrote:

Ego.

Are you kidding? If he turned on the Church and confessed a belief that it was all a fraud he'd be a celebrity among people. There would follow his expulsion from BYU portrayed as heroic defender of truth versus evil tyranny. An exciting church court with all kinds of insinuations. There would follow big sales for all his books and photo ops with Sandra Tanner. Where would the egg be?
Goddamn man, how deluded are you?

Do you think Southernton or Palmer made even $25K off their books?

Dan is making a living and living a life defending Mormonism. He is afraid of not only being with out his money, but his family and fan club.