The I Hate Everything Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

gramps wrote:Here is something I intensely dislike:

ex- or disaffected Mormons who criticize Joseph Smith for sleeping around on Emma and then are out doing it themselves. OK. They aren't prophets so maybe there is a difference? Hummmh?

I think that's the key. An ex-Mormon doesn't tell women that angels with drawn swords will kill him unless the women sleep with him. Nor does an ex-Mormon tell women that the only way to secure their & their families' salvation is for them to sleep with him.

It's the means that's despicable, not the ends.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_mormonmistress
_Emeritus

Post by _mormonmistress »

KimberlyAnn wrote:I hate mayonnaise!
And Miracle Whip.

I dislike:

Being late
TV Evangelists
Fish
Port-a-potties
Restaurant employees who sweep under my table or around my feet while I'm still eating!
Doing dishes
Overcooked steaks
Bossy, overbearing PTA presidents
McTherapy
Bad breath

KA

I hate restaurant employees who tell you you are not allowed any more pizza unless you eat the crusts!!! Your post reminded me of that. True story. Pizza Hut here used to have an all you can eat - catch was, you didn't get to help yourself. They would wander around and hand out slices. I could barely believe it when this teenage girl told me off for not eating my crusts. We threw them under the table after that lol
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

mormonmistress wrote:I hate restaurant employees who tell you you are not allowed any more pizza unless you eat the crusts!!! Your post reminded me of that. True story. Pizza Hut here used to have an all you can eat - catch was, you didn't get to help yourself. They would wander around and hand out slices. I could barely believe it when this teenage girl told me off for not eating my crusts. We threw them under the table after that lol

Oh, my goodness! That is nuts! I've never heard of anything like that before, lol!

Good thing no one swept under your table while you were still eating and found those un-eaten pizza crusts. You would have been in trouble, missy! ;)

KA
_mormonmistress
_Emeritus

Post by _mormonmistress »

KimberlyAnn wrote:
mormonmistress wrote:I hate restaurant employees who tell you you are not allowed any more pizza unless you eat the crusts!!! Your post reminded me of that. True story. Pizza Hut here used to have an all you can eat - catch was, you didn't get to help yourself. They would wander around and hand out slices. I could barely believe it when this teenage girl told me off for not eating my crusts. We threw them under the table after that lol

Oh, my goodness! That is nuts! I've never heard of anything like that before, lol!

Good thing no one swept under your table while you were still eating and found those un-eaten pizza crusts. You would have been in trouble, missy! ;)

KA

lol, too true! Interestingly enough, Pizza Hut changed it soon after so you could help yourself.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

I hate pants.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

I also hate:

Intelligent Design
pizza crusts (thanks mormonmistress)
indels
bass guitar solos
my upstairs neighbors' squeaky bed
celebrity gossip
Manu Ginobili
wearing shoes without socks
that the Wire Season 5 isn't starting until January
the word bling and anything associated with it
grocery shopping
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

More intensely dislikes:

Creepy Men
Lopsided Fake Boobs
Those odd candies that are wax?! shaped like coke bottles and stuff? (EW!)
Buffetts
The sun at that certain time of day where it's right in my eyes when I drive!
Red lights
Speeders that you see at the next red light where you wave to them and stick out yer tongue at em cause you like to rub it in that you caught em!
Static shock
Control top pantyhose
People that wear too much cologne or perfume
Disney World
Rude People
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

Doctor Steuss wrote:I hate pants.

In England, that means you hate underwear...
...which makes sense...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

asbestosman wrote:
moksha wrote:
keene wrote:I hate:

Dreams in which I'm tired and looking for a place to sleep.

Or looking for a urinal but can't seem to find one.

Maybe that dream is reserved for when you are older....

Consider those dreams lucky. I've heard that those who actually manage to find urinals in their dreams end up with a cold surprise in the morning.

I remember one dream of walking into the restroom at Boise State University and finding a huge assortment of toilets from previous centuries that looked so byzantine that I could not go. Just as well, cuz I would not like to break my record of being dry since age eight.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Thinking »

I hate:
    *celery seed
    *getting a root canal
    *driving with my husband in the car (he comments about my driving constantly)
    *cleaning the toilet
    *cleaning the rest of the house
    *folding and hanging up clean laundry
    *having to figure out what is for dinner (even though I am a pretty good cook)
    *grocery shopping
    *malls
    *shopping for clothes
    *buying shoes for my feet (I have wide feet, so it is hard to find shoes that fit. I own 3 pairs right now, sandals, running *shoes, and black dress shoes and that is it)
    *raisins in cookies, breads, and cakes (though I love raisins in savory dishes)
    *confrontation
    *practical jokes that might make someone feel stupid or worse, hurt their feelings
    *being Brownie leader (I do it anyway)
    *fund raisers
    *feeling like my husband would be better off if he had married a different person, someone totally opposite of me (not saying that its true or anything, but just saying that I hate it when I feel that way)

Also, I don't hate Arby's, but I'm pretty sure I don't love it because I have no memory of even stepping into an Arby's any time in the last 15 years.
Last edited by Sledge on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.