Systemic Racism in America Exists

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Systemic Racism in America Exists

Post by huckelberry »

Cultellus wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 am
Oh gosh. George was not racist. That's great. I wonder why he was a republican if he didn't want to be a white supremacist. That is weird. Maybe there are probably dozens of other republicans that are not white supremacists.
The shallow phony mask pretending to represent progressives falls off.But I would not be surprised if the phony progressive positions reappear again anyway.
///
Just for those who don't know. The elder Romney was alive back in the day that Republicans were generally less racist than a certain bunch of Democrats. The majority of racists since switched parties. Even with that adjustment there are Republicans who are not racist. Some.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:15 pm
Republicans were generally less racist than a certain bunch of Democrats.
Even I remember the days of the Democratic 'solid south' - up to around 1964 or so.

What happened then?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

What happened then?
The Democrat party became the party of welfare and working class southern Democrats became Republican. Democrats have also become hostile to religion and even more cozy with communism but that was later.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Cultellus wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 am
Oh gosh. George was not racist. That's great. I wonder why he was a republican if he didn't want to be a white supremacist. That is weird. Maybe there are probably dozens of other republicans that are not white supremacists.
Ah, ok. I see what you guys are talking about now.

There seems to be a sliding scale of troll efficiency that goes from:

"So subtle it's hard to tell at first"<------------------------->"Obvious troll"<------------------------->"Terrible at trolling"

It's actually more circular, given that "So subtle it's hard to tell at first" could be interpreted as "Terrible at trolling" unless they're so good at it, you're just not sure they're serious or not. Of course, they're only good if they actually get other posters worked up.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:57 pm
Ah, ok. I see what you guys are talking about now.

There seems to be a sliding scale of troll efficiency that goes from:

"So subtle it's hard to tell at first"<------------------------->"Obvious troll"<------------------------->"Terrible at trolling"

It's actually more circular, given that "So subtle it's hard to tell at first" could be interpreted as "Terrible at trolling" unless they're so good at it, you're just not sure they're serious or not. Of course, they're only good if they actually get other posters worked up.
C’mon! This one was obvious! Lol. I will admit that Cultellus’s approach has more subtlety than Atlanticmike.

You must be losing your edge. I’m shocked, I tell you, shocked.

Maybe those years living in New York fine-tuned my sarcasm and BS detectors better than I thought.
:D
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:36 pm
C’mon! This one was obvious! Lol. I will admit that Cultellus’s approach has more subtlety than Atlanticmike.

You must be losing your edge. I’m shocked, I tell you, shocked.

Maybe those years living in New York fine-tuned my sarcasm and BS detectors better than I thought.
Meh, I hadn't logged in for a few days. The first few posts of his I read seemed innocent enough.

Maybe I'm just learning not to pay as much attention.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:36 pm
That'll do it. Which is what whatever it is got the 'piss off' on the second go round with me. Why delay the inevitable, right? :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:52 am
Meh, I hadn't logged in for a few days. The first few posts of his I read seemed innocent enough.

Maybe I'm just learning not to pay as much attention.
How do you know Cultellus is a he?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

to clarify, per webster

cul·​tel·​lus | \ kəlˈteləs \
plural cultelli\ -​eˌlī , -​(ˌ)lē \
Definition of cultellus

: one of the sharp pointed cutting organs (as mandibles and maxillae) of many bloodsucking flies