Systemic Racism in America Exists

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Systemic Racism in America Exists

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:08 pm

You know how Conservatives get defensive at the idea Liberals think they’re stupid? I’m not sure what else to think when they actually demonstrate that they’re legitimately stupid. They have terrible grammar, which indicates stupidity. They make a million spelling mistakes, despite the magic box they’re typing on pointing out their misspellings, which definitely indicates stupidity. They don’t even know how to spell their slang correctly: “clappen”, for example. <- That’s stupid retarded beyond belief.

And look, I’m not a grammarian by any means. Conservatives posting spelling and grammar mistakes are so egregious and so consistent that it makes you wonder what’s going on inside their domes. Like. Are they retarded? Like, legitimately retarded? Did they inhale a lot of leaded gasoline as children? Did they dine on lead paint chips as toddlers? Did their parents beat them so thoroughly they wound up brain damaged? Something’s up, for sure.

- Doc
I guess a racist is always a racist, and in this case you dumbass. You said terrible grammar indicates stupidity. That's a RACIST STATEMENT!!! Did you know countries with the highest illiteracy rate are almost always people of color??? Mostly Africa and the Middle East. When you base intelligence off of grammar/reading comprehension you are letting your white privilege show ding-a-ling.
There are many highly intelligent people around the world who have never mastered the language they grew up learning. There's plenty of people around the world who never even get a chance to attend school and somehow your racist ass thinks they're dumd because they might not spell as well as you do. Good job!!! Here's your I'm a racist award 🏅
Oh, wow. That’s where your mind went? Welp. There you have it. When AM thinks of stupid people his mind goes directly to People of Color. Good Lord.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Apparently, conservatives are a race. Someone should mention it to all the Caucasian, African American, Asian and Latino conservatives.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Only an old white man would watch videos of African Americans giving their heart felt opinion, then post online that the videos were useless!! Thanks for proving my point about the left being racist!
Because you found 3 people who can’t explain what it is about critical race theory that factually matches their dislike?

Perhaps only an ignorant man (old, young, white or otherwise, lol) would use disagreement with a black person to try the oh-so-tired ‘plantation racism’ ploy.

You need to step up your game. You seem unable to talk about the subject and unable to propagandize against it, either.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:38 pm
Look at the difference between how the capital rioters were treated vs. how BLM protesters have been treated.

If it had been Kyle Rittenhouse who had shot Ashli Babbitt in order to ‘protect property’, who would have ended up being the hero?
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Five pages in and we still can't get the dynamic duo to present an accurate definition of critical race theory or systemic racism.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:30 pm
Perhaps Icarus (I can’t believe the resident roofie hasn’t called him Dicarus, yet - a real opportunity missed) could shorten up his OP, and ELI5 for the folks who don’t agree with the idea that racism is baked into our institutions. You know. To get the thread back on track from anti-American Mike’s derail.

- Doc
Good idea.

In a nutshell, in order to highlight systemic racism one first has to understand the huge wealth gaps between white and black families and why that is. As mentioned before, it really must be one of only two reasons: Black people are lazy and irresponsible, or there is something in the system that has been holding them back.

The fact is 90% of all millionaires because wealthy via real estate investment. While many Americans struggle to pay off their home, black families are left in the cold in terms of even being able to get a loan so they could get on the path to paying off a mortgage. My original post detailed all that happened to cause that over the centuries.

Now if the system has put up barriers to prevent black people from wealth creation, then that is systemic by definition. idiot's recent comment about how black and brown people in undeveloped countries lag behind developed countries that are predominantly white, illustrates his view that black people are just inherently lazy, and those who succeed are exceptions to the rule.

That's systemic racism as an established fact as far as I'm concerned and this doesn't even get into the long history of our judicial system's racism
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It seems the racism in this country is so systemic, half the country can't even recognize it because they are so used to it being that way and are too lazy to question their own assumptions.

That's as systemic as it gets.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:05 am
It seems the racism in this country is so systemic, half the country can't even recognize it because they are so used to it being that way and are too lazy to question their own assumptions.

And therein lies the irony. The people denying it exists are effectively proving it exists.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:05 am

Nope! You're wrong again. Here's a great video of Denzel Washington being interviewed by a guy who keeps trying to race bait Denzel into bad mouthing Americans, he doesn't fall for it. What I find so funny about this interview is , the guy doing the interview is treating Denzel just like Denzel's character (the dad in the movie) was treating his son. The interviewer keeps bringing up the past trying to get Denzel to bad mouth America and the progress we've made as a country. In the movie the dad is always telling the son that he can't achieve his dreams and to settle for a mediocre job.
The difference between the way you and I see the race problems in America is you keep looking in the past and finding problems to throw around the necks of young black Americans. Almost as if you don't want them to be free mentally. you're saying, look look look look black Americans!! See how bad it was in the past! While I keep saying, look look look look black Americans!! Look forward, don't look back, you can't change the past. I don't believe in burdening people with the past, it's useless and often causes people of any color or cultural back ground to stay in a state of mind that is self defeating.

https://youtu.be/2tXLCkDOaD4
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:47 am
I keep saying, look look look look black Americans!! Look forward
They do that. They aren't stupid.

And - surprise! They don't like what they see, because they have learned that many white people in a position to exert power over them treat them differently because they are black, and there is not much sign of that being about to change.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.