Systemic Racism in America Exists

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Systemic Racism in America Exists

Post by ajax18 »

And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:32 pm
You progressives have no idea what to do with your "guilt" you try your hardest to make sure everyone thinks just like you. And anyone who doesn't is automatically a racist or an idiot. The man in the video below is a free thinker, he hasn't been corrupted by progressive politics. There are many African Americans who grew up loving their heritage. STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE INTO WHAT YOU THINK THEY NEED TO BE. Figure out what you need to do with your white hatred and guilt, your destroying one of the best countries in the world.

https://youtu.be/BUw_P6w8Rdw

https://youtu.be/FOQj10U9eSk
Atlanticmike. I am proud of my white heritage. I do not see anything taring that down.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:19 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Interesting that this is most often said by folks proudly flying a Confederate flag from their house.

“Racism, pure and simple, bro…”
Good Lord, you must be from Utah. I live on the east coast and know a ton of people who fly the Confederate flag. And yes conservatives fly it, but most of the guys who fly it are life long Democrats because their family have been voting for Democrats for generations.
Lol. I’m sure that you asked all of them. ; ). Nice try, though.

by the way, I can count Utah as a state that I’ve lived in but I’m born and raised on the east coast; family was military. I’ve got you covered on geographic exposure.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE INTO WHAT YOU THINK THEY NEED TO BE.
Said by someone who is telling black folks that they shouldn’t pay attention to anything from the 1619 project.

Ah, irony. : D
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:07 pm
… your destroying one of the best countries in the world.
Still waiting to find out from you how that’ll work, exactly.

So, when did systemic racism disappear in America?
Last edited by canpakes on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Democrats hold down the black people? Keep asserting with no evidence, but if that's true then why is it they're always much better off during Democrat administrations? Black unemployment skyrocketed during the last three Republican Presidents and plummeted significantly when Clinton, Obama and now Biden have taken office.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000031
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Icarus wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:36 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 pm
Schmo, critical race theory is a branch of critical theory, a theory that came from a bunch of WHITE Germans. And now a certain political party is trying to use a white man's theory to indoctrinate our kids and SEPARATE us once again by claiming some are oppressors while others are the oppressed. It's racism pure and simple bro.
This is why people wonder if you're truly retarded. You don't understand critical race theory so stop pretending to have a clue. Stick to what you know best.
Correct. Atlanticmike doesn’t even know the basics of ‘critical theory’, let alone ‘critical race theory’.

Per Wiki - “Max Horkheimer first defined critical theory (German: Kritische Theorie) in his 1937 essay "Traditional and Critical Theory", as a social theory oriented toward critiquing and changing society as a whole, in contrast to traditional theory oriented only toward understanding or explaining it. … He described a theory as critical insofar as it seeks "to liberate human beings from the circumstances that enslave them."

Given what he claims within his posts here, Atlanticmike would be seen as a proponent of ‘critical theory’.

This dude’s flailing with his piss-poor propaganda campaign.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:32 pm
huckelberry wrote:
… your destroying one of the best countries in the world.

what the sam h!!!! I said nothing of the sort.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:49 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:32 pm

what the sam h!!!! I said nothing of the sort.
My mistake, huck. That’s from Atlanticmike. Thanks for catching that; I’ll edit the post.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:
Atlanticmike wrote:
You progressives have no idea what to do with your "guilt" you try your hardest to make sure everyone thinks just like you. And anyone who doesn't is automatically a racist or an idiot. The man in the video below is a free thinker, he hasn't been corrupted by progressive politics. There are many African Americans who grew up loving their heritage. STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE INTO WHAT YOU THINK THEY NEED TO BE. Figure out what you need to do with your white hatred and guilt, your destroying one of the best countries in the world.

https://youtu.be/BUw_P6w8Rdw

https://youtu.be/FOQj10U9eSk
Atlanticmike. I am proud of my white heritage. I do not see anything taring that down.
I love being white. I love my whiteness, ie, heritage, cultural accomplishments, institutions, etc. I’m also acutely aware that in order to form a more perfect union that my whiteness is just one component of the human race that occupies this beautiful planet hurtling through the cosmos, and unless we work together with a long-term strategy in mind that enfranchises, rather than alienates other humans, we’re going to go extinct. We can’t create and maintain a hierarchy that gatekeeps on behalf of Jews or Han Chinese or the Rus or Mormons or *insert an ethnicity here* without suffering from a social and economic feedback loop that eventually attacks the hierarchy. A liberal democracy is probably our best shot at enfranchisement and opportunity balanced against protecting the only home we got - earth. We ought to create and maintain mechanisms that offer everyone these chances, and that includes analyzing our established institutions and making adjustments for the long-term health of our world, which includes figuring out if these institutions are, in fact, opening doors for some, and closing them for others.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.