Systemic Racism in America Exists

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Systemic Racism in America Exists

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike, when did systemic racism disappear in America?

: D
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why does anti-American Mike think anyone is going to go though the effort to watch his spam when he can’t explain it, can’t engage in any sort of substantive breakdown of his philosophy, and simply repeats this drive-by posting? Hell, he himself doesn’t watch his own content, and he’s deluded himself into thinking others will. Does owning the Libs just consist of cluttering up threads with derails that makes Trumptards look like fools? I think it does, because this seems to be a repeat behavior with Trumptards.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:44 pm
Trigger warning!!!! If you're progressive and think "real" black Americans can only support the Democrat party, don't watch this video, it's been known to cause seizures if you consider yourself a Democrat 😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/Xpzl9IQHc9s
You know there is a black man who is both a supreme court judge and conservative. There is an excellent brain surgeon who was in the government for a few years and is conservative. I know there are many more examples. Black Americans have there own intelligence and come up with different views about things. Kind of like white Americans they have a variety of views and beliefs.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike, when did systemic racism disappear in America?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:05 pm
I found a black person who says that they don’t like critical race theory, so all black folks must think the same way!!1!
Hey, Atlanticmike, when did systemic racism disappear in America?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:23 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:07 pm

Atlanticmike. I am proud of my white heritage. I do not see anything taring that down.
I love being white. I love my whiteness, ie, heritage, cultural accomplishments, institutions, etc. I’m also acutely aware that in order to form a more perfect union that my whiteness is just one component of the human race that occupies this beautiful planet hurtling through the cosmos, and unless we work together with a long-term strategy in mind that enfranchises, rather than alienates other humans, we’re going to go extinct. We can’t create and maintain a hierarchy that gatekeeps on behalf of Jews or Han Chinese or the Rus or Mormons or *insert an ethnicity here* without suffering from a social and economic feedback loop that eventually attacks the hierarchy. A liberal democracy is probably our best shot at enfranchisement and opportunity balanced against protecting the only home we got - earth. We ought to create and maintain mechanisms that offer everyone these chances, and that includes analyzing our established institutions and making adjustments for the long-term health of our world, which includes figuring out if these institutions are, in fact, opening doors for some, and closing them for others.

- Doc
Hey Doc ,thanks for the expansion. I agree and I am a tiny embarrassed over tare instead of tear , my mind must have got stuck on Matthew wheat and tares.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 pm
Your* only a Smart or True American if you believe what I want you to believe!!

*(keeping true to style)
https://youtu.be/tawvPhuyfF0
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Google faster, Atlanticmike!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 pm
Your* only a Smart or True American if you believe what I want you to believe!!

*(keeping true to style)
https://youtu.be/tawvPhuyfF0
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Speaking of institutional racism, it looks like the Portland Winterhawks finally ditched their NA caricatures:

https://katu.com/news/local/native-amer ... hawks-logo

A NA spokesman stated:
He's called Portland home since 1986 and says this old logo has long taunted his community.

"This is a change that should’ve happened decades ago," Lumley said. “Yeah, that is shocking it took [the Winterhawks] this long. It should never have been their logo from the very beginning and for it to go on for 40 years is one of the worst examples, I can think of, of institutionalized racism. And it’s right there in our face and we see it regularly and people didn’t call it out for what it was."

“It has a deeper impact with children by impacting their self-esteem, feelings of self-worth, their confidence level," Lumley said.
This is kind of what addressing institutional racism is about. If people are unhappy about it, then make adjustments. Conversely, in my hometown the MiLB team Spokane Indians has worked closely with the Spoqan tribe, who endorses the mascot, and as a result work together to bring forth neat projects like this:

https://www.milb.com/spokane/news/first ... nklin-park

Clicking on the link above is worth it. Beautiful imagery with associated beautiful symbolism. In both cases, that’s what happens when two groups listen to each other and work out a good solution. I think that’s what critical race theory is about, at its core.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.