Asbestosman.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Did I say your posts were feminine? I thought I said the way you write comes across feminine. I mean your blogs are very much the way a woman would write. I am new and haven't had much opportunity to read older posts but I have read your blog.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:I mean your blogs are very much the way a woman would write. I am new and haven't had much opportunity to read older posts but I have read your blog.
Ah, I see. My blog as feminine? Even I thnk the tickling post is kinda un-manly. I think it's the tickle-me-elmo picture that frightens even me a bit.

My blog may also be a bit feminine because it explores more of my feelings. But my blog also explores many random thoughts I have. I believe I do have a feminine side which I embrace but I have never suspected that my feminine side was larger than my masculine side. Actually, all in all I just live and act however I please. If some things like enjoying cutesy cartoons is feminine, so be it. If other things like action-packed video games, biking, hiking, prefering to be alone, and keeping many of my problems to myself are masculine, I'm good with that too. Gender roles or gender sseparation is largely irrelavent to me.

Oh, and "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty . . . "
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Re: Nehor.

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:When I said I would not pretend to be JAK because I respect him, I was being serious.

JAK is my friend. I don't know if I am his friend but he is one of the first people I came across on these discussion boards. And for several years I did not know everyone used several boards. I had came across JAK when I was as young as fourteen. He along with some others (Jersey Girl and TLC) have taught me many things. And are still teaching me. They inspire me so much to know that which is in the world. I would not be where I am right now without them. I have not told them so but I probably wouldn't even be studying at university if it weren't for them. This is why I have a great deal of respect for them. And thus the reason why however tempted I was to string you along I could not bring myself to do it for JAK is greater than myself and I would not degrade him in doing so. There are a few others who have taught me recently but JAK, Jersey Girl and TLC have been aroung for a good percentage of my life. And have been there the whole time I have been on BB's or MB's.

I have to go get the bus for institute now. I don't really know the purpose of institute but I like going to see my friends.

See Ya.
This has to be a joke.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Hey piratewasher:

Everytime I read your name my mind tries to convert it into "imwashingmyprivates". I'm not sure why this happens. Must be my dirty mind acting up again. I remember you saying you got your posting handle from a poster in your room or something. Is it a play on words or a joke of some sort?
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:I mean your blogs are very much the way a woman would write. I am new and haven't had much opportunity to read older posts but I have read your blog.
Ah, I see. My blog as feminine? Even I thnk the tickling post is kinda un-manly. I think it's the tickle-me-elmo picture that frightens even me a bit.

My blog may also be a bit feminine because it explores more of my feelings. But my blog also explores many random thoughts I have. I believe I do have a feminine side which I embrace but I have never suspected that my feminine side was larger than my masculine side. Actually, all in all I just live and act however I please. If some things like enjoying cutesy cartoons is feminine, so be it. If other things like action-packed video games, biking, hiking, prefering to be alone, and keeping many of my problems to myself are masculine, I'm good with that too. Gender roles or gender sseparation is largely irrelavent to me.

Oh, and "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty . . . "
I am glad you are happy with that. I very often come across as being Male. Even my friends here say they can't believe I am female. Apparently I punch like a man. I too ramble and blurt my feelings alot but I save that for blogging elsewhere and private emails.

It's good and yes you are pretty going by your avatar.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:When I said I would not pretend to be JAK because I respect him, I was being serious.

JAK is my friend. I don't know if I am his friend but he is one of the first people I came across on these discussion boards. And for several years I did not know everyone used several boards. I had came across JAK when I was as young as fourteen. He along with some others (Jersey Girl and TLC) have taught me many things. And are still teaching me. They inspire me so much to know that which is in the world. I would not be where I am right now without them. I have not told them so but I probably wouldn't even be studying at university if it weren't for them. This is why I have a great deal of respect for them. And thus the reason why however tempted I was to string you along I could not bring myself to do it for JAK is greater than myself and I would not degrade him in doing so. There are a few others who have taught me recently but JAK, Jersey Girl and TLC have been aroung for a good percentage of my life. And have been there the whole time I have been on BB's or MB's.

I have to go get the bus for institute now. I don't really know the purpose of institute but I like going to see my friends.

See Ya.
This has to be a joke.
Why should it be a joke? Ask Jersey Girl or JAK. Do you have a problem or something?
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

silentkid wrote:Hey piratewasher:

Everytime I read your name my mind tries to convert it into "imwashingmyprivates". I'm not sure why this happens. Must be my dirty mind acting up again. I remember you saying you got your posting handle from a poster in your room or something. Is it a play on words or a joke of some sort?
I have been told that before. XD It was not intended as a play on words. It was post cards I got in the library and I cut them up and re arranged them. There was one of a light bulb made of broken glass, I think it was from a book or something. Another was pirates of the caribbean and another of a hare that said I am washing my hare. Oh and one of water that said make a splash. I took the post card of the hare and stuck underneath it the card of the water and cut out captain jack sparrow and cut a slit in the water and sorta lay him in the water. Then stuck the word pirate over the word hare and put the light bulb right at the top. I kept it because my friends insisted I would lose it and so I promised them that I would stick it on my wall. It reminds me of them. We also took popart pictures of Einstein and made a face out of them.

And because I came from another forum that I knew others from there came on here I did not want to give away my identity and so it was the first thing that came to my head. But they know who I am now and it's cool.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
The Nehor wrote: This has to be a joke.
Why should it be a joke? Ask Jersey Girl or JAK. Do you have a problem or something.
Is it wrong that I now find this much, much funnier.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

You must explain really what the crud is going through your head.

Is there something wrong with what I say? Do you care to PM me?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

The Nehor wrote:

See Ya.
This has to be a joke.
Hello Nehor,

I'm curious. Why do you think that the above post made by pirate, is a joke? Could you point out specific commenets that lead you to think it's a joke?