The Pirate Investigation

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

The Pirate Investigation

Post by _The Nehor »

To entertain myself I have been trying to figure out who Pirate is.

Despite claiming to be in Scotland in her(?) blog she claims to have seen the stars clearly tonight.....despite the overcast weather there all night.

She also claims to be 19 and in a Physics course. I also happen to know some things about British education. Unless this course was outside any curriculum and was an independent course (unlikely to be Physics) she should be in University at this age. Unless she has remarkable connections I find it unlikely that anyone with the grammar we saw could get into a University. There aren't many Universities there that will take anyone who has money like there are here.

I think his/her current place of residence is a fabrication. Whether the rest is I don't know. I do think they are a critic. Other than that, investigation is ongoing. Note that I hold no malice towards the poster. This is a game to me and it's kept me entertained. Having used a sockpuppet myself I can hardly pass judgment. Just having fun.

To Scratch: I can see why you enjoy doing things like this now.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

I believe the story is that she is from Scotland, but currently lives in England.

I agree that there's something that would indicate some sort of puppetry or other put-on. Review her blog and see if you're able to discern anything that may help you in your quest. Return and report - I'd be interested to see if anybody can debunk the authenticity of the poster's persona.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

skippy the dead wrote:I believe the story is that she is from Scotland, but currently lives in England.

I agree that there's something that would indicate some sort of puppetry or other put-on. Review her blog and see if you're able to discern anything that may help you in your quest. Return and report - I'd be interested to see if anybody can debunk the authenticity of the poster's persona.
How can you believe I am Scottish and yet believe I am a sock puppet? Wouldn't I have already had to be on here before?
Just punched myself on the face...
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

I'm interested in the time zone. As far as I can tell it is 6 am Pirate's time and she is still posting. The posting habits she has resemble someone that is not 6-7 hours ahead of most of the posters on this board. Pirate also is not consistent with her prose. When she first posted on the board her posts were mainly nonsensical (some still are) and other times they appear very clear. The spelling has evolved greatly as well as her grammatical skills.

I also can't recall an instance of seeing her spell a word such as "color" as "colour" or "behavior" as "behaviour" as, I would think, would be the norm for her.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Updates:

Mentioned seeing a spider and a fly near each other while on toilet. Flies aren't active this time of year in that level of frigid weather. Also, shouldn't it be loo and not toilet?

Discussion of making beans on toast.....isn't that a little too stereoypical? It wasn't eaten that much when I was there.

Mentioned blonde jokes....I'm pretty sure that's just an American thing.

Her times of posting suggest she's up till 4 am regularly and often.

In the interest of fairness, some things that benefit Pirate's story:

Pics

Correct use of Uni, peckish (though this is a dated term), and a few other terms.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Moniker wrote:I'm interested in the time zone. As far as I can tell it is 6 am Pirate's time and she is still posting. The posting habits she has resemble someone that is not 6-7 hours ahead of most of the posters on this board. Pirate also is not consistent with her prose. When she first posted on the board her posts were mainly nonsensical (some still are) and other times they appear very clear. The spelling has evolved greatly as well as her grammatical skills.
It's actually 05:18 AM. And if you look I have been on here since maybe 5 PM my time. Look at my posts they are all over the place. I guess I am improving then.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
skippy the dead wrote:I believe the story is that she is from Scotland, but currently lives in England.

How can you believe I am Scottish and yet believe I am a sock puppet? Wouldn't I have already had to be on here before?
It's also possible you're new and making up where you're from. It's even possible I'm completely wrong. Like I said before, I'm just doing this for fun. I don't have an agenda.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Moniker wrote:I'm interested in the time zone. As far as I can tell it is 6 am Pirate's time and she is still posting. The posting habits she has resemble someone that is not 6-7 hours ahead of most of the posters on this board. Pirate also is not consistent with her prose. When she first posted on the board her posts were mainly nonsensical (some still are) and other times they appear very clear. The spelling has evolved greatly as well as her grammatical skills.
It's actually 05:18 AM. And if you look I have been on here since maybe 5 PM my time. Look at my posts they are all over the place. I guess I am improving then.
In a month a University student goes from incoherent to coherent because of posting on a message board? Wow........they've really lowered the written workload.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I am entirely honest. I was looking for some emails that might prove my randomness is me all the time but there are a lot and most has very private information in.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

The Nehor wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote: It's actually 05:18 AM. And if you look I have been on here since maybe 5 PM my time. Look at my posts they are all over the place. I guess I am improving then.
In a month a University student goes from incoherent to coherent because of posting on a message board? Wow........they've really lowered the written workload.
HAHAHAHA. I have been in Uni since september. Also I have been active on another board for a long time where people point out my mistakes.