The Pirate Investigation

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Pirate, Inspector Nehor's investigation seems to have stalled. Are there any more clues you could leave to help revitalize his flagging efforts to uncover whatever he is trying to uncover? For instance, do you prefer men who wear boxers, briefs or even more holy undergarb?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I prefer Boxers, personally. Tightish ones are slightly more apealing. XD But not too tight. That must make me a girl. And maybe not a TBM as you guys say.

Nehor has stalled because he has no proof to back up his claims.

Briefs on men are not something I'd find attractive, Girls wear boxers these days too actually. They are called girlboxers.

Wow this is interesting.

Pirate.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

We actually don't use the word briefs here, but the super markets do, "womans briefs" : ) That is why it is quite confusing when people call their trouser pants. When really pants are a form of underwear and nickers is also underwear, and if you are a little odd you will call them drawers.

Pirate.
Just punched myself on the face...
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: The Pirate Investigation

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

I can probably clear some of this up now that my brain functions better...

I totally over shared. Slightly horrified at how much I shared.

I was up in the night because I was probably mentally unwell to be frank. I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing. I had (edited because of autocorrect) severe anxiety, massive rushes of adrenaline and depression. There were nights I would sit and cry my heart out. And then during the day I would forget the night entirely, go to university and be extremely hyper and have constant massive panic attacks. But didn't know that was what was happening. So I posted through the night and went to uni during the day and I fell asleep in lectures and was confused at why I was so tired because I didn't remember that I didn't sleep.

I was indeed at uni. I actually don't know how I got there either to be honest. I wrote a good personal statement and took it to a different university to have it looked over. I don't even know how I managed to get my degree but I did. I wonder if I had my current mind, would I have done better?

I was hyper so I talked to everyone and made connections with people who maybe were amused. I'm not longer in touch with anyone.

I took English lessons whilst at uni which were designed for foreign students but they were happy for me to join. Also, word documents have spell check ;) and I was doing a Physics degree, so most assignments were mathematical. I also picked up a lot on there boards.

I literally did verbal diarrhoea all over the place in here because I was hyper or depressed.
I didn't understand humans to be honest. Still struggle.

If I missed using u in my words like colour, it was probably related to my crap ability to spell rather than my Britishness being of question lol.

Also, I eventually went through therapy and was told I was severely dissociated. In fact, possibly even had dissociative identity disorder so if sometimes my posts were more coherent than other times that is probably a part of it. I asked the psychiatrist years later if I had DID and he kind of in a round about way say I did. Which explains why I had no recollection of things at different times. Uni didn't exist when I was at home and home didn't exist when I was at uni. I had different sets of rules in different situations but wasn't able to see that until I was out of it and connected it all together.

The toast and beans... So, lol, I ate the exact same things at the exact same times most days. With maybe one variation depending on money.
Lmao... I don't remember eating breakfast. I had a pack of quavers and a cup of hot chocolate between morning lectures. Toast and beans for lunch and plain pasta for dinner. Every day during uni this is what I ate. As a kid I ate chips and spaghetti a lot. Food was a battle. I'd have a curry every now and then as a meal out with friends. I only started trying new things when I started dating at 19. And even then it took years to be brave.

The peckish thing, it was an old man that said it to me and I liked it so I used it. I don't use it now.

Not sure if I missed everything. But I forgot all of this stuff. Completely. Anyway. Not sure anything else needs to be said. In fact probably doesn't need to be said at all. Just meandering old posts. Kinda depressing lol. But I guess it's nice to see that actually I have come a long way. But yeah... Definitely not a sock puppet. Just a weird teenager, with virtually no real life experience, trying to navigate society on my own in a place not really knowing how I got there. I totally pissed off my classmates too by the way. Some found me inspiring and interesting and probably were slightly morbidly curious. But most were irritated and some even had a conversations about "drop kicking" me. Pretty sure I'd have wanted to drop kicking myself if I knew how weird and annoying I was.

ETA:

So, in the UK, we have student finance. I used that to pay for uni. And I did a foundation year so basically repeated a levels but at uni. I messed up my a levels. That is when I started getting hyper and struggling with anxiety. But I was determined to prove I wasn't a "retard". I use that word because that is literally what my dad called me and what school implied before moving to England. So I went to uni and realised it really didn't matter if people thought I was a retard or not.
Last edited by Imwashingmypirate on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Well done, Pirate! It is good of you to have shared your story with us.

And if you succeeded in completing a degree involving physics and maths, no-one has the right to call you a retard ever again - and I bet you enjoyed it too!
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Now spy is like totally confused about the pirate thing, not knowing PW goes back to a time when she was a teenager. Spy always assumed the pirate was one of her kids, but she likely didn’t have kids at age 19. On second thought it’s possible. Maybe someone can shed some light on my sad situation.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

High Spy wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:40 pm
Now spy is like totally confused about the pirate thing, not knowing PW goes back to a time when she was a teenager. Spy always assumed the pirate was one of her kids, but she likely didn’t have kids at age 19. On second thought it’s possible. Maybe someone can shed some light on my sad situation.
Lol. I didn't have kids at 19. I had never dated or kissed anyone until I was 19 lol. I started on forums when I was 14. And came over to the board when I was 17/18.

My name came about because I had post cards from the library where I hung out with some friends. And I was a bit quirky back then. I cut up the post cards and made a picture which basically resulted in a pirate in a bath tub with a lightbulb above his head and with the text, "I'm washing my pirate" which was originally, "I'm washing my duck". I'm pretty sure I still have it. I might take a look tomorrow. See if I can upload it. And I stuck it on my wall when I was at uni because I was sentimental back then lol. So when followed some people over to this board I changed my name and I couldn't think of anything so I looked around my room and spotted the post cards and made that my username.

Totally random.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Chap wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:01 pm
Well done, Pirate! It is good of you to have shared your story with us.

And if you succeeded in completing a degree involving physics and maths, no-one has the right to call you a retard ever again - and I bet you enjoyed it too!
Thank you. I actually feel less intelligent now than I did back then lol. I did enjoy some things but I also lost my love for science and lost my intuitiveness. Connected all my personalities lol. But also lost my ability to not give a crap about what people thought of me. Anyway. Maybe it will come back. Sometimes I feel a flicker of excitement about nature and the universe, especially when my son talks about science.

But I made it didn't I? Kinda sane now and boring but better.