Missionaries.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Missionaries.

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I can't help but notice a lot of people here have been on a mission. I find it hard to believe that returned missionaries would be discussing such things on here.

So whats your story?

Why would returned missionaries leave church?

Pirate.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Not all of us have left the church, only a few.

I am still faithful and attend regularly.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Missionaries.

Post by _Runtu »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:Why would returned missionaries leave church?

Uh, because the church isn't true?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:Not all of us have left the church, only a few.

I am still faithful and attend regularly.

Cool. I kinda am having trouble breathing somehow. I have sharp pains around my lower ribs on the right side. I don't know if I believe in the church. I went today. Im kinda up and down. ARGh. Do pain killers help rib pain? I know they do little good for back pain. Maybe I need some kinda drug to knock me out. that's if I don't pass out first. I didn't do anything to get this pain.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I noticed you said before that you had a "cold in your lungs". Have you been to the doctor? have you got some form of pneumonia or something? I remember how bad the winters over there were, that moist cold air cuts through everything. You should spend some time huddled up next to your heater and try to breathe in some warm dry air.

Also your late nights are not good for oyu. You should eat a healthy meal and go to bed early. Stay away from the chippy's. Eat some steamed veggies.

If your testimony is struggleing, try reading some proper books and talks. Heres a site I recommend:

http://speeches.byu.edu/

there is a bar on the side to find talks by topic. To read a talk click on a PDF file when the list comes up. I recommend talks by Bruce R McConkie, Truman Madsen, Matthew Cowley. Im sure youll find what you like. Cowleys talk on miricles is a great one to listen to.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:I noticed you said before that you had a "cold in your lungs". Have you been to the doctor? have you got some form of pneumonia or something? I remember how bad the winters over there were, that moist cold air cuts through everything. You should spend some time huddled up next to your heater and try to breathe in some warm dry air.

I have been to the doctors. Hence the tests I am doing. I don't have a heater in here. And there were floods here earlier in the year so at first it was extremely damp. We pay in our contract for heat but it is not always the case. I have this box thing that produces a little heat. I think often about laying on top of it, but it is next to those big door window things and so won't do much good. I am not up late all the time. It's only quater to nine and I intend on sleeping early as I have lectures tomorow morning. I go back to the doctor on thursday.

Also your late nights are not good for oyu. You should eat a healthy meal and go to bed early. Stay away from the chippy's. Eat some steamed veggies.
The meals I get are provided by the university. I pay for these in my contract. I go home at the end of this week for a month.
If your testimony is struggleing, try reading some proper books and talks. Heres a site I recommend:
I have strange views. I intend on talking about them in my blog but at the moment I am not up to it. I forget alot. I will look at the link anyway.http://speeches.byu.edu/

there is a bar on the side to find talks by topic. To read a talk click on a PDF file when the list comes up. I recommend talks by Bruce R McConkie, Truman Madsen, Matthew Cowley. I'm sure you'll find what you like. Cowleys talk on miricles is a great one to listen to.

Why do you guys spell colour as color?

Pirate.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Also there are no chippy's near here.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

You should ask for a nice heater for christmas.

There is an old english spelling and a new english spelling. Im in America, so I use that version.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:You should ask for a nice heater for christmas.

There is an old english spelling and a new english spelling. I'm in America, so I use that version.

What, you use the new version or the old? My room isn't big enough to fit a heater. Also I fear those sort of things will catch fire. Maybe I could get nice thick thermal Jammies. I was going to say a blanket but I already have my blanket and duvet. Also the weight of them doesn't do much good for me.

I once tried going for a walk in the cold so that when I came back I'd be warm but that didn't last long.

Pirate.
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Gazelam wrote:You should ask for a nice heater for christmas.

There is an old english spelling and a new english spelling. I'm in America, so I use that version.

What, you use the new version or the old? My room isn't big enough to fit a heater. Also I fear those sort of things will catch fire. Maybe I could get nice thick thermal Jammies. I was going to say a blanket but I already have my blanket and duvet. Also the weight of them doesn't do much good for me.

I once tried going for a walk in the cold so that when I came back I'd be warm but that didn't last long.

Pirate.

Try a hot water bottle for when you go to bed. That saved me when I was in England.
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland