KA are your cupcakes iced over?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

KA are your cupcakes iced over?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Was watching the news tonight and saw that your part of the world is largely incased in ice. Hope you and yours are okay....and warm!

Jersey Girl

(As for my part of the world, I expect a warming trend with the high predicted at 33* tomorrow. I am so not kidding. I am so frozen!)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I was wondering the same thing when I saw that 1 in 3 don't have electricity in Oklahoma.

(PS: it was 71 today. (LMAO at Jersey Girl!) But it's now in the 40s.)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

I was hoping to see some cupcakes, even if they are iced over...
_ozemc
_Emeritus

Post by _ozemc »

Bond...James Bond wrote:I was wondering the same thing when I saw that 1 in 3 don't have electricity in Oklahoma.

(PS: it was 71 today. (LMAO at Jersey Girl!) But it's now in the 40s.)

Hah!

It's supposed to be record highs here AGAIN in Hotlanta!

It's been in the high 70s all week!

(Of course, it would be nice if we had some rain ... )
"What does God need with a starship?" - Captain James T. Kirk

Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch. - Robert Orben
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Thanks for asking, Jersey Girl.

It's been a really awful few days. We lost power Sunday night and just now got it back. Our house is so cold--I can see my breath! It will warm up soon, though, since the power is on again.

My big beautiful trees are ruined. I think I'll have maybe three left out of nine. Our fences are down, the swing set and playhouse have been smashed by limbs, our guttering is torn from the roof...it will be a while before things get back to normal.

The girls had fun the first day playing board games and charades and cooking in the fireplace, but it got old fast! They're dancing around the television right now!

KA

PS - I should add that my oldest daughter, Courtney, kept us fairly entertained narrating what she called, "Okies on Ice", which detailed funny events and happenings during the ice storm. She's got a wicked sense of humor.
_ozemc
_Emeritus

Post by _ozemc »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Thanks for asking, Jersey Girl.

It's been a really awful few days. We lost power Sunday night and just now got it back. Our house is so cold--I can see my breath! It will warm up soon, though, since the power is on again.

My big beautiful trees are ruined. I think I'll have maybe three left out of nine. Our fences are down, the swing set and playhouse have been smashed by limbs, our guttering is torn from the roof...it will be a while before things get back to normal.

The girls had fun the first day playing board games and charades and cooking in the fireplace, but it got old fast! They're dancing around the television right now!

KA

PS - I should add that my oldest daughter, Courtney, kept us fairly entertained narrating what she called, "Okies on Ice", which detailed funny events and happenings during the ice storm. She's got a wicked sense of humor.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, KA.

You'll be in our prayers.
"What does God need with a starship?" - Captain James T. Kirk

Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch. - Robert Orben