Preferences in Pantyhose

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

KimberlyAnn wrote:What causes Penguin Pantyhose? Is it that the hose are too small? Too big? Made incorrectly?

I yanked my pantyhose up two weeks ago at church right there in front of service! It was mortifying, but I ran the real risk of them sliding right down my legs! I pulled them up, and they seemed to fit fine, but within a minute or two, I was waddling again!

I'm going to No-Nonsense at Jersey Girl's suggestion. I will return and report!

KA

They will not betray you, oh Cupcake Queen!
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Preferences in Pantyhose

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote: I ask you ladies and gentlemen who've had this experience, is there nothing more embarrassing than walking around trying to secretly hike up your Penguin Pantyhose in public? Your thoughts please?

Jersey Girl

The Penguins in my family prefer pulling them down in private as oppose to hiking them up in public. Are you sure you had the directions right?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I pretty much only wear skirts. So, I also wear a lot of tights. Never "pantyhose" which I take to mean "nude" or flesh-toned sheer things. I go for the thick and the opaque. I also wear knee socks and over-the-knee and thigh-highs with my skirts.

The best brands IMHO are Wolford and Fogal. But these are seriously expensive. On the other hand, I have a pair of Wolford winter tights I've worn for eight years with no runs, holes or other problems, so the investment can pay out.

The idiotically named SPANX make a reversible tight that is strong and durable. And they hold you in if you need it.

I just found this website: http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php and put in a large order for some over-the-knee and thigh-highs: all fabulous, thick winter things. The O-Chevron OTKs are great, and the e.Bella stuff is amazing: I got a pair of deep currant cashmere-blend thigh highs.

They also have a lot of frou-frou sexy stuff, but I'm not as much into that. Like Merc, I think simple black thigh highs are enough.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Wow, I guess you guys are talking about tights. I actually spent several years looking for the right kind. I am very pale and so it is hard to find the right colour. But I actually found some that are only just slightly darker than my skin. I was so excited.

Pirate.
Just punched myself on the face...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I had a prophetic dream last night about the creation of pantyhose suspenders.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Gazelam wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQcjHABsrTo

I love that movie, Gaz!

Yep. That's what I look like waddling around in my Penguin Pantyhose! ;)

KA