Josh's Christmas Present to Future Mom

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Josh's Christmas Present to Future Mom

Post by _Jersey Girl »

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Born-Lennart-Nilsson/dp/0440506913

This is one of the very best books about the development of your baby on the way. It will give you and your wife an amazing "window" to what is taking place step by step. The photographs are simply awesome!

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

See the book cover that is my avatar? You need that too.

"Dream Snow" by Eric Carle

Maybe I'll do a book list for you!
_jskains
_Emeritus

Post by _jskains »

Jersey Girl wrote:See the book cover that is my avatar? You need that too.

We did get the "What to expect" series.. The "What to Expect when you are Expecting", "What to Expect the first year", and "What to Expect with a toddler". We are bookaholics.. We already have a collection of children's books :) From baby to some of the classics when I was growing up. We hope to encourage reading.

JMS
Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds - Albert Einstein
_Trinity
_Emeritus

Post by _Trinity »

jskains wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:See the book cover that is my avatar? You need that too.

We did get the "What to expect" series.. The "What to Expect when you are Expecting", "What to Expect the first year", and "What to Expect with a toddler". We are bookaholics.. We already have a collection of children's books :) From baby to some of the classics when I was growing up. We hope to encourage reading.

JMS

I love, love children's fairy tale books, the Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen ones. I used to read them to my children all the time. After a while, my children wanted to make up their own, so we would go to bed each night making up stories. What wonderful memories.
"I think one of the great mysteries of the gospel is that anyone still believes it." Sethbag, MADB, Feb 22 2008
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

The Shel Silverstein books are great. Of course you must have some Doctor Seuss in your library as well.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Best book ever:

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Doctor Steuss wrote:Best book ever:

Except apples. Wait...do apples poop? And yes, that is the best book ever.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Eating apples is very good for one's bowels, so I'd say that yes apples do, in a sense, poop...
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

silentkid wrote:Except apples. Wait...do apples poop? And yes, that is the best book ever.

Well, at the studio the other week, the dude's Mac took a dump on us. So, I think yes, Apples do poop (although perhaps not as much as PCs).

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_jskains
_Emeritus

Post by _jskains »

I appreciate the kindness on this thread, but with the emails, the PMs, and the pileup, I am just dropping my "jskains" thing altogther. Peace and good luck in life.

JMS
Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds - Albert Einstein