Sierra Nevada Wins Again

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Sierra Nevada Wins Again

Post by _silentkid »

In my unofficial personal taste test, Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale beats out Deschute's Jubelale and Breckinridge's Christmas Ale as the seasonal beer of the year. Go team!
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Not surprised. Anchor Steam kicks ass.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Blixa wrote:Not surprised. Anchor Steam kicks ass.

Anchor Steam is the pinnacle of beer...the beer against which all others are compared.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Re: Sierra Nevada Wins Again

Post by _skippy the dead »

silentkid wrote:In my unofficial personal taste test, Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale beats out Deschute's Jubelale and Breckinridge's Christmas Ale as the seasonal beer of the year. Go team!

I haven't had a chance to try the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I love winter ales - just enjoyed a lovely Sam Adams Winter Lager with dinner last night. Is the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale brewed with any funky spices or flavors? Those I don't like so much. Mess with the hops and the malt, but don't add weird stuff.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

skippy the dead wrote:I haven't had a chance to try the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I love winter ales - just enjoyed a lovely Sam Adams Winter Lager with dinner last night. Is the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale brewed with any funky spices or flavors? Those I don't like so much. Mess with the hops and the malt, but don't add weird stuff.

I didn't notice any weird spices or flavors in the Celebration. It is kind of hoppy, like the traditional Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It's also a bit stronger...6.8%. It's a good beer. When we were out picking the beers for our work party, the Sam Adams Winter Lager was on the list, but didn't make it to the register. I need to try that one.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Samuel Adams Utopias (and it's a steal at only $100 a bottle).
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Doctor Steuss wrote:Samuel Adams Utopias (and it's a steal at only $100 a bottle).

I've got a bottle in the liquor cabinet. It's actually quite good. More for sipping than drinking.
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

silentkid wrote:
skippy the dead wrote:I haven't had a chance to try the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I love winter ales - just enjoyed a lovely Sam Adams Winter Lager with dinner last night. Is the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale brewed with any funky spices or flavors? Those I don't like so much. Mess with the hops and the malt, but don't add weird stuff.

I didn't notice any weird spices or flavors in the Celebration. It is kind of hoppy, like the traditional Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It's also a bit stronger...6.8%. It's a good beer. When we were out picking the beers for our work party, the Sam Adams Winter Lager was on the list, but didn't make it to the register. I need to try that one.

Alaskan Winter Ale is also one of my winter favorites. And don't forget the Gordon Biersch Doublebock. Mmmmmm.

I think I've got the Sam Adams Black Porter chilling for dinner tonight.

I tell you, I love winter beers!