OUT OF MY MISERY criticizes Jason Bourne & Jersey Girl

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I think we need the washingpirate to join in as well.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

moksha wrote:I think we need the washingpirate to join in as well.

I would pay to see Pirate and Misery have an argument.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Jason

Oh you poor baby. I can stick to the church anytime I feel like it on this board. If you don't like it then don't read my posts.
Scriptures mean nothing to me because they are not something I have ever read much less believe in. When someone throws out a bunch of scriptures to back their point up it comes across to someone like me as a bunch of worthless words. If someone has to rely on scriptures to prove a point with me they are wasting their keystrokes.

I grew up in Utah in a Mormon family, very Mormon in fact. I know all about "Mormonism" so don't go telling me I am uniformed to ways of Mormons cause I was one. Still am in name only.
I know more about Mormons than I care to so I come here to push my agenda, stick to the church whenever I so desire.

I'm quivering in fear. Did you ever post or have an article about you on Something Awful? You have the same outlook on Mormonism and you've used many of the same expressions as a girl I remember.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jersey has shown on numerous occasions her ignorance of Mormon behavior, culture and doctrine. Jason has shown his willingness to distort Mormonism in order to fit the "just another christian church" facade. OOMM is in the right calling out these individuals.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mercury wrote:Jersey has shown on numerous occasions her ignorance of Mormon behavior, culture and doctrine. Jason has shown his willingness to distort Mormonism in order to fit the "just another christian church" facade. OOMM is in the right calling out these individuals.

Demonstrate that, Mercury.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Mercury wrote:Jersey has shown on numerous occasions her ignorance of Mormon behavior, culture and doctrine. Jason has shown his willingness to distort Mormonism in order to fit the "just another christian church" facade. OOMM is in the right calling out these individuals.

Thank You Mercury for the backup. Jersey Girl thinks she knows it all(which she doesn't).
Jason just likes to pick fights with me.
I like to fight so bring it on.

I had no idea where all these posts went until now. Anyway I called Jason a baby and he called me an Ass and stupid.
He sounds stupid at times as well. Jersey Girl likes to act like a Mormon, she sure knows a lot for being a non-member. Iwonder she learned all about Mormons from?
Jason does not like to any critisim(spelled wrong) of the church, which on this board he's going to hear.

Anyway I say whatever floats their boat.
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:

Thank You Mercury for the backup. Jersey Girl thinks she knows it all(which she doesn't).
Jason just likes to pick fights with me.
I like to fight so bring it on.

I had no idea where all these posts went until now. Anyway I called Jason a baby and he called me an Ass and stupid.
He sounds stupid at times as well. Jersey Girl likes to act like a Mormon, she sure knows a lot for being a non-member. Iwonder she learned all about Mormons from?
Jason does not like to any critisim(spelled wrong) of the church, which on this board he's going to hear.

Anyway I say whatever floats their boat.

Well lessee...the issue was self sacrifice. That I posted the scripture that I think expresses what LDS believe regarding self sacrifice, doesn't mean that I "act like a Mormon". It means that I know what the Bible says about self sacrifice and because LDS accept the Bible as part of their scriptures, I posted it to demonstrate (one more time) as an expression of what LDS believe about (one more time) self sacrifice. If you can't stay on topic, that's not my problem.

Where did I learn all about Mormons from? From Mormons. Living, working, and having long standing relationships with them for 30+ years, and participating on LDS boards much like this.

I have much in common with LDS and non-believers (athiests/agnostics) on boards like these and in real life. I, unlike you, don't feel a need to spit at people I don't know on a message board. All too often, when met with a challenging question or thought, people like you choose to spit instead of engage in thought. Your responses on this extracted portion of the exchanges from the missionary thread are glaring examples of that.

What else would you like to know?
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jersey Girl wrote:

I'm not going to crawl through post after post of yours wherein your lack of experience with Mormonism is demonstrated. I will say that overall you demonstrate an interest in and not a knowledge of Mormonism.

An interest in discussing Mormonism on this or other boards is fine. Thank you for your contribution. But when you are corrected you get snippy.

Don't get snippy Jersey Girl...its just bad form.
Lost in time
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mercury wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

I'm not going to crawl through post after post of yours wherein your lack of experience with Mormonism is demonstrated. I will say that overall you demonstrate an interest in and not a knowledge of Mormonism.

An interest in discussing Mormonism on this or other boards is fine. Thank you for your contribution. But when you are corrected you get snippy.

Of course you're not going to "crawl through post after post". No surprises there.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mercury wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Of course you're not going to "crawl through post after post". No surprises there.

Yep. Of course. The Cost vs Benefit outweighs any action.
Lost in time