OUT OF MY MISERY criticizes Jason Bourne & Jersey Girl

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Jersey Girl wrote:Misery
You can't compare missionaries and disciples of christ as the same thing Jersey Girl.

Of course I can. Who else would you like to compare them to, Misery? As you know, I'm not LDS and I don't support or agree with the theology of the LDS Church. Having said that, comparing LDS missionaries to the disciples of Christ is EXACTLY the same thing philosophically. If you think otherwise, I'd like you to list your reasons for your perspective.

That is like comparing apples and oranges and you know it.

It's comparing missionaries to missionaries.

So you think 110.00 for food in enough for the month?
You try and live 110.00 a month for food and have to rely on others to feed you to make up the difference.

And that is the point, Misery. Missionaries worldwide, depend on the support and assistance of others. LDS missionaries are no different, nor were the disciples of Christ. Again, if you think otherwise, I'd like to see your reasons. As for the $110.00 per month, I assume that LDS subscribe to the ideas presented in the Lillies of the Field. I'll paste a ref for you in this post.

And here it is:

Mat 6:25¶Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Mat 6:26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Mat 6:27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Mat 6:28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

Mat 6:29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mat 6:30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Mat 6:31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Mat 6:32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Mat 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mat 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

Whatever else you or I might think about LDS doctrine and theology, I see LDS missionaries as living out their faith and striving to do so in a Christlike manner. That is to say, with the heart of a servant.

Good for you Jersey Girl. You crack me up. You are less Mormon than I and yet you know so much more amazing.
You shouldn't speak on topics you know nothing about.
And spare me the scriptures they mean nothing to me anyway.
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:
You can't compare missionaries and disciples of christ as the same thing Jersey Girl.

Of course I can. Who else would you like to compare them to, Misery? As you know, I'm not LDS and I don't support or agree with the theology of the LDS Church. Having said that, comparing LDS missionaries to the disciples of Christ is EXACTLY the same thing philosophically. If you think otherwise, I'd like you to list your reasons for your perspective.

You try and live 110.00 a month for food and have to rely on others to feed you to make up the difference.

And that is the point, Misery. Missionaries worldwide, depend on the support and assistance of others. LDS missionaries are no different, nor were the disciples of Christ. Again, if you think otherwise, I'd like to see your reasons. As for the $110.00 per month, I assume that LDS subscribe to the ideas presented in the Lillies of the Field. I'll paste a ref for you in this post.

And here it is:

Mat 6:25¶Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Mat 6:26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Mat 6:28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

Mat 6:29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mat 6:30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Mat 6:31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Mat 6:32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Mat 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mat 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

Whatever else you or I might think about LDS doctrine and theology, I see LDS missionaries as living out their faith and striving to do so in a Christlike manner. That is to say, with the heart of a servant.

Good for you Jersey Girl. You crack me up. You are less Mormon than I and yet you know so much more amazing.

Misery,

Tell me how you think (I'm being kind) your lack of belief in scripture is relevant to what missionaries and their families believe?

Parts I bolded above. If you have reasons, I'd like to read about them. If you don't, please stop wasting my time by injecting irrelevant nonsense in this discussion of missionaries.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:

And here it is:

Misery,

Tell me how you think (I'm being kind) your lack of belief in scripture is relevant to what missionaries and their families believe?

Parts I bolded above. If you have reasons, I'd like to read about them. If you don't, please stop wasting my time by injecting irrelevant nonsense in this discussion of missionaries.

I am injecting irrelevant nonsense ME.
Don't think so. You my dear girl are the one that is interjecting irrelevant nonsense by quoting all those stupid scriptures. You are one to talk.
My lack of belief means scriptures don't work fo me as a basis for anything. I don't care what others believe in.
My point is that 110.00 a month for food is not enough when the church as billions of dollars for a mall.
Do you understand Jersey Girl?
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:

And here it is:

Misery,

I am injecting irrelevant nonsense ME.
Don't think so. You my dear girl are the one that is interjecting irrelevant nonsense by quoting all those stupid scriptures. You are one to talk.
My lack of belief means scriptures don't work fo me as a basis for anything. I don't care what others believe in.
My point is that 110.00 a month for food is not enough when the church as billions of dollars for a mall.
Do you understand Jersey Girl?

I understand that the evidence suggests you aren't capable of remaining on topic.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Wow. What a peach of a post.

Yes it is amazing. She DOES know more about Mormonism then you. And while she does not believe it she can treat in rationally. A trait you need to acquaint yourself with.

You really need to heed your own council.

And spare me the scriptures they mean nothing to me anyway

Hmmm.... you say that Jersey Girl should not speak about what she does not know about. But she speaks about preaching the gospel. She applies it to the tradition of Mormons preaching what they believe is the gospel and bases it in the very scriptures Mormons believe set the pattern for preaching a gospel message. Then you tell her not to use the scriptures because they mean nothing to you?? Can you honestly makes yourself look more stupid?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jason Bourne wrote:Wow. What a peach of a post.

Yes it is amazing. She DOES know more about Mormonism then you. And while she does not believe it she can treat in rationally. A trait you need to acquaint yourself with.

Hmmm.... you say that Jersey Girl should not speak about what she does not know about. But she speaks about preaching the gospel. She applies it to the tradition of Mormons preaching what they believe is the gospel and bases it in the very scriptures Mormons believe set the pattern for preaching a gospel message. Then you tell her not to use the scriptures because they mean nothing to you??

My only defense is that I was trying to think and remain on topic at the same time. I ask you, is that so wrong?

:-)

Can you honestly makes yourself look more stupid?

I'm afraid that she can, Jason. Please don't challenge her on this.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Jason

Oh you poor baby. I can stick to the church anytime I feel like it on this board. If you don't like it then don't read my posts.
Scriptures mean nothing to me because they are not something I have ever read much less believe in. When someone throws out a bunch of scriptures to back their point up it comes across to someone like me as a bunch of worthless words. If someone has to rely on scriptures to prove a point with me they are wasting their keystrokes.

I grew up in Utah in a Mormon family, very Mormon in fact. I know all about "Mormonism" so don't go telling me I am uniformed to ways of Mormons cause I was one. Still am in name only.
I know more about Mormons than I care to so I come here to push my agenda, stick to the church whenever I so desire.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Jason

Oh you poor baby. I can stick to the church anytime I feel like it on this board. If you don't like it then don't read my posts.
Scriptures mean nothing to me because they are not something I have ever read much less believe in. When someone throws out a bunch of scriptures to back their point up it comes across to someone like me as a bunch of worthless words. If someone has to rely on scriptures to prove a point with me they are wasting their keystrokes.

I grew up in Utah in a Mormon family, very Mormon in fact. I know all about "Mormonism" so don't go telling me I am uniformed to ways of Mormons cause I was one. Still am in name only.
I know more about Mormons than I care to so I come here to push my agenda, stick to the church whenever I so desire.

Excuse me, dear. Would you like to let the rest of us in on who you're replying to here?

Shoot! I coulda swore there was no "Jason" at the top of your post. My mistake! Now on to your mistakes...

that the scriptures mean nothing to YOU is irrelevant to what they mean to LDS Missionaries and their families in terms of support. Did I say that already?
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Wow. What a peach of a post.

Hmmm.... you say that Jersey Girl should not speak about what she does not know about. But she speaks about preaching the gospel. She applies it to the tradition of Mormons preaching what they believe is the gospel and bases it in the very scriptures Mormons believe set the pattern for preaching a gospel message. Then you tell her not to use the scriptures because they mean nothing to you??

My only defense is that I was trying to think and remain on topic at the same time. I ask you, is that so wrong?

:-)

Can you honestly makes yourself look more stupid?

I'm afraid that she can, Jason. Please don't challenge her on this.

You are one to talk about looking stupid. You often come across as stupid in your posts. I will make more of an effort to point it out from now on.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
OUT OF MY MISERY wrote:Jason

Excuse me, dear. Would you like to let the rest of us in on who you're replying to here?

Can't you read the top line where it Says JASON