The Great Presidential Campaign Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

liz3564 wrote:Did anyone catch Obama's speech?

It was awesome!

I've been reading up a lot on Obama, and I'm very impressed.

But - have you heard his wife speak?? I think she has more charisma than he does.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Just received this email from a [Christian] friend:

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHIEST from Wichita, Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia. When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his, stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking Major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Kuran (Their equivalency to our Bible, but very different beliefs)

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy. The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading THE WORLD?...... NOT ME!!

Oh, he's Muslim. Something like 666. He comes from divorced parents, one "black as pitch", the other "white as milk" (Barack's own description). He didn't use the Holy Bible, but the Qur'an, when sworn into office. Obviously another crime to the witch hunters. Connect the dots of prejudice here. He attended a "MUSLIM" school. Connect al qaeda here. His mother was "ATHEIST". He comes from a broken family of mixed parentage and his mother remarried a "radical" Muslim (but she was atheist? Maybe she saw something in this human being others didn't). Evil, evil, evil!! Nothing to say about what Obama has actually said for himself, and his vision for the future.

I have no qualms (thus far) about Barack Obama "leading the world", nor the fact that he is "MUSLIM".

"Among the most inestimable of our blessings, also, is that... of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; a liberty deemed in other countries incompatible with good government and yet proved by our experience to be its best support." --Thomas Jefferson: Reply to John Thomas et al., 1807. ME 16:291

"Religion is a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved. I have considered it as a matter between every man and his Maker in which no other, and far less the public, had a right to intermeddle." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Rush, 1813.

"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Dowse, 1803. ME 10:378
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Alright I'll just come out and say it. I'm an Obama man in 08.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Alright I'll just come out and say it. I'm an Obama man in 08.

Is there a cologne that goes with that?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Alright I'll just come out and say it. I'm an Obama man in 08.

I'm an Obama man too. But only 'cause Gravel and Kucinich didn't make it. I still have hopes for Ron Paul, especially since he tied with huckabee and McCain today in Washington, but my hope is slowly fading, and shifting into Obama's court.
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Well this thread really died :O

McCain for the Republicans.

Still a toss up for the Dems between Hilary and Obama.

Romney never really got traction after his defeats in Iowa and New Hampshire. Maybe he'll be the VP. *Shrugs*

Unstickying.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07