Computer Guru: Help me find my wizard?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Computer Guru: Help me find my wizard?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

This is about digital photos. I have a new lap top computer. It has the Kodak Easy share thing on it. I'm trying to find out of there is a Camera Scanner and Wizard on here. It has Windows Vista. Can you help me find my wizard?

If so, I would be eternally grateful...at least for a little while.
;-)

Jersey Girl
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Re: Computer Guru: Help me find my wizard?

Post by _Scottie »

Jersey Girl wrote:This is about digital photos. I have a new lap top computer. It has the Kodak Easy share thing on it. I'm trying to find out of there is a Camera Scanner and Wizard on here. It has Windows Vista. Can you help me find my wizard?

;-)

Jersey Girl

Did the camera come with some software? A CD?

If you go to www.kodak.com, usually you can download the software from there.
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Scottie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:This is about digital photos. I have a new lap top computer. It has the Kodak Easy share thing on it. I'm trying to find out of there is a Camera Scanner and Wizard on here. It has Windows Vista. Can you help me find my wizard?

;-)

Jersey Girl

Yes, I have all that. I just read a site that says there is no scanner/wizard on Vista and you can't get one. I'm just accustomed to the scanner/wizard.

I am doooooomed.

Thanks for your reply!
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Scottie wrote:

;-)

Jersey Girl

Yes, I have all that. I just read a site that says there is no scanner/wizard on Vista and you can't get one. I'm just accustomed to the scanner/wizard.

I am doooooomed.

Thanks for your reply!

Go back to XP!! I refuse to use Vista. It sucks!!
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Vista? In Vista you can always use the built-in search.
Click the windows button in the lower-left of the screen.
Click In the "start search" line at the bottom, then type scanner
My Vista machine brought up a link that said, "Scanners and cameras" click that.

My Vista machine may be different than yours. I have Vista Ultimate, so I don't know if your edition also has the "Scanners and cameras" program that mine does.

Hope that helps.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Scottie wrote:Go back to XP!! I refuse to use Vista. It sucks!!

Vista works great for me. I havea dual-boot XP / Vista computer, and I usually boot and run as Vista. I've seen others have Vista troubles. I've heard that part of the difference may be in the venders. My PC is an HP, and I heard that they've been pretty good at supporting Vista with good device drivers for their computers.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Mac is better.

;)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

liz3564 wrote:Mac is better.

;)

No, Liz. NEW is better! lol So, I did the search like abman suggested and it shows a huge blank nothing...any suggestions? I mean besides suck it up and get used to the Kodak Easyshare (which I've used before but I use the Scanner/Wizard several times a week for work).
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Unfortunately it looks like it's gone from Vista.

The program I pointed you to was so that Windows would recognize the camera / scanner, not for actually importing the pictures on it. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that it's gone from Vista. I usually import photos manually, but then I'm hardly a normal user.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO