The intuitive thoughts of a pirate washer.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:Pirate, I agree with Moniker, I think you should at the very least go get some sleep. You need to rest your mind for a bit, ok?

LOL. My mind rests more when i lack sleep. Otherwise I am completely hyper and my head is continuously running through questions and ideas on multiple levels too, thus multiple questions similtaniously.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: The intuitive thoughts of a pirate washer.

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Pirate, holy cow, you're the greatest! I've said it before and I'll say it again, DON'T EVER CHANGE!!

Imwashingmypirate wrote:It was strange when they just sat there staring at me.

I don't find it strange at all.

I was considering going on to explain the government as eternal, but didn't want to be thought of as mad.

Oh, I can definitely see why you'd studiously avoid that.

Or should I say my English skills are not great.

They're not?
Last edited by Alexa [Bot] on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:

Why didn't you find that strange? I did. It was odd. They were lifeless but entirely focussed on me. It was a little creapy.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Questions.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:22 am: Why does a part of our mind have to be infinite? How has this been determined?

It's not really that part of the mind is infinate. The mind is massless. It is like a higher dimensional energy. Different from the energy we know. It can become infinate when it is not foced to stay within a person. It will still stay on after you die, but most likely residual energy. If you can open your mind and free it, there is noting to prevent it doing amazing things, except the next level. But are still amazing to us. Im not making much sense today.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:30 am: Pirate - you've read someone's mind?

Yes on more than one occasion. It works mostly as a wave of thought that enters your 'zone'. Usually when you are on the same wavelegnth as the other person/s.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:33 am: Hey asb. OK - I see where ya going - and there's some very cool thought processes going on here :) [color=red]BUt I'm interested in thr details of this mind-reading[/color]

It is like a wave. When you are relaxed and not focussed on worldly things and allow your mind to be free, it works. It is not usually forced to happen in my opinion, forcing your mind to do something will block it from doing other things.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:36 am: ..halo's are energy created by the mind?

Halo's are energy that is there, the mind just doesn't see them on this level. Please tell me you are familiar with the fact that we all give and take energies from people. That is why some people make you feel good and some make you feel bad or even drained.

[asbestosman] 12:38 am: Hey Pirate, have you seen the first entry on my blog? I occasionally see flashing colors in my vision.
No I haven't seen it but I have heard about people seeing flashing colours. Do they flash rapidly, or could it be loosing and gaining focus? I think the flashing colour is a type of halluination. But you would have to describe it more.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:41 am: ..you're not talking about something like heat here right?

No. heat energy is due to vibrating particles.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:42 am: Trying my best :) So, it's 'higher dimensional' energy, so we couldn't detect it using lower dimensional means? Is that right/I guess that is right, but you could partially detect it with interdimensional means.

[asbestosman] 12:48 am: Who do you think the government really is?[/color
I am not talking about the government persay. A force or body that has been around through everything, that know everything and control everything. Most likely in the form of highly intellegent human looking things.

[color=blue][RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:50 am: Bryan - cool :) I guess if people have personal experiences that I haven't then that makes total sense

Nope, just intuition. If I could convince people face to face that havent had such expeiences, then they are listening with a different part of them.

Maths is a language used to understand complex matters. Things we cannot comprehend otherwise. Maths is the purest we have, but there will be purer. We are making things less infinate by making them lower to allow us to understand. Maths would be higher than most things we know, but as we make it something that applies to lower dimensions and the fact that it is merely a language, it is not all that everlasting. But it is more perfect than anything we can touch.

[RenegadeOfPhunk] 12:56 am: Pirate -so you don't' just beleive it -you 'know' it?

In parts yes. I don't necesarly understand it. There is lots more to this, but I couldn't even begin to explain. It would take a long time. Im kinda hoping you guys will ask questions and maybe more will come out.

[asbestosman] 1:09 am: I think I got confused about the government. Are you ever talking about the government I know?

No.

Pirate.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:Pirate, holy cow, you're the greatest! I've said it before and I'll say it again, DON'T EVER CHANGE!!

Erm... Thanks.

I was considering going on to explain the government as eternal, but didn't want to be thought of as mad.

Oh, I can definitely see why you'd studiously avoid that.

Or should I say my English skills are not great.

They're not?

Can you not tell? When I email my professors, they refuse to awnser me because they claim to not understand me. They told me so. Only one lecturer understands me and that is because on most things, I don't think he bothers.

Pirate.
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

Hey Pirate. Thanks for the replies to those early questions. If I don't reply immediately, it's because I want to take some time and reply 'properly'.
...I know this stuff is important to you...
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

It's not all that important to me. I just really wanted to not forget it. But that's cooooool.. I don't have long. I am going to eat, then shower, then go. Arghhh.
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:The mind is massless.

Is this because anything that does some complex processing has some 'massless' element to it?
...I'm typing this response on a PC. It does some complex stuff. Does that mean that there is some 'massless' element to my computer that helps it work?
...does my computer have a 'soul'?

This point may be way off - but I just want to clarify how you are approaching this...

It is like a higher dimensional energy. Different from the energy we know. It can become infinate when it is not foced to stay within a person. It will still stay on after you die, but most likely residual energy. If you can open your mind and free it, there is noting to prevent it doing amazing things, except the next level. But are still amazing to us.

It is like a wave. When you are relaxed and not focussed on worldly things and allow your mind to be free, it works. It is not usually forced to happen in my opinion, forcing your mind to do something will block it from doing other things.

All the above is fine, in the sense that I accept that it can make internal logical sense. But a concept making logical sense doesn't mean it is 'real'.

Yes on more than one occasion. It works mostly as a wave of thought that enters your 'zone'. Usually when you are on the same wavelegnth as the other person/s.

Some clarifying questions here on this point.
First one - were to face to face with the person at the time?
Second - did you 'know' the person?

Might be more afterwards depending on the answers, but that'll do for now...

Please tell me you are familiar with the fact that we all give and take energies from people.

If you are referring to these 'higher dimensional' energies, and not the mundane ones I think of when you say the word 'energy' (although I'd hardly use the word 'mundane' to describe those forces actually, but anyway...) - then no, I'm not familiar with that. I'm familiar with people being able to affect and influence others .via their actions, emotions etc. - but that's like two computers communicating over a medium. (TCP/IP, serial connection etc.) There's nothing necessarily mystical about it - it's two or more 'systems' interacting.

I know that could make my view of the world sound dull, harsh and 'soulless'. And maybe I can't help that. But I think it's perfectly possible to believe in 'higher realms of thought' without considering (what I think most people would classify as) 'supernatural' claims.

Yeah - ok. I get that ;) I meant it in terms of energy 'like' heat. i.e. not actually heat, but a 'mundane', lower-dimensional energy. The kind that I'm familiar with...

Nope, just intuition. If I could convince people face to face that havent had such expeiences, then they are listening with a different part of them.

Maybe others can be convinced with 'intuition' alone. From personal experience myself, I 'know' well enough that 'intuition' fails people on a regular basis.

That'll do for now :)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

A bit off topic, but hope you're feeling better, pirate. Get some sleep! Take care of yourself!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

RenegadeOfPhunk wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:The mind is massless.

Is this because anything that does some complex processing has some 'massless' element to it?
...I'm typing this response on a PC. It does some complex stuff. Does that mean that there is some 'massless' element to my computer that helps it work?
...does my computer have a 'soul'?

The PC is no where near this type of complexity.
This point may be way off - but I just want to clarify how you are approaching this...

It is like a higher dimensional energy. Different from the energy we know. It can become infinate when it is not foced to stay within a person. It will still stay on after you die, but most likely residual energy. If you can open your mind and free it, there is noting to prevent it doing amazing things, except the next level. But are still amazing to us.

All the above is fine, in the sense that I accept that it can make internal logical sense. But a concept making logical sense doesn't mean it is 'real'.

Some clarifying questions here on this point.
First one - were to face to face with the person at the time? Usually I am not, but once I was.
Second - did you 'know' the person? One person I did not know. The person I was with, I know her, but I didn't know the thing that I picked up and it took her a while to talk to me about it.

Might be more afterwards depending on the answers, but that'll do for now...

Please tell me you are familiar with the fact that we all give and take energies from people.

If you are referring to these 'higher dimensional' energies, and not the mundane ones I think of when you say the word 'energy' (although I'd hardly use the word 'mundane' to describe those forces actually, but anyway...) - then no, I'm not familiar with that. I'm familiar with people being able to affect and influence others .via their actions, emotions etc. - but that's like two computers communicating over a medium. (TCP/IP, serial connection etc.) There's nothing necessarily mystical about it - it's two or more 'systems' interacting.

You know when you flirt with someone? You send out vibes. You don't even need to say anything. These vibes are like the energy I am refering to in terms of the halo.

I know that could make my view of the world sound dull, harsh and 'soulless'. And maybe I can't help that. But I think it's perfectly possible to believe in 'higher realms of thought' without considering (what I think most people would classify as) 'supernatural' claims.

It isn't actually supernatural. There is nothing supernatural about what I am talking about.

Yeah - ok. I get that ;) I meant it in terms of energy 'like' heat. I.e. not actually heat, but a 'mundane', lower-dimensional energy. The kind that I'm familiar with...

Maybe others can be convinced with 'intuition' alone. From personal experience myself, I 'know' well enough that 'intuition' fails people on a regular basis.

I haven't been failed. It depends if you understand your intuition. Very ofen I fell and know something is going to happen and I know I should listen, but logic superceeds at times and I say well if I choose to listen I will never know. But if I listened I wouldn't have wasted my time, because it was right.

That'll do for now :)