Cupcakes!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Abinadi's Fire
_Emeritus

Post by _Abinadi's Fire »

She was trying to read a book whilst I was trying to sleep.

I've had the dream also of having the alarm go off and taking a shower getting ready to go to work, only to begin all over again when the alarm went off for real.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Abinadi's Fire wrote:She was trying to read a book whilst I was trying to sleep.

I've had the dream also of having the alarm go off and taking a shower getting ready to go to work, only to begin all over again when the alarm went off for real.

Yeah, that's weird. Isn't it?
Just punched myself on the face...
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I think it is not necesarly wrong if you are married in your heart and agree in your heart that you will be together for ever.

No, that's not it. You have got to be married.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Moniker wrote:I thought she agreed that:

I would suggest that maybe one ought to be married before their cupcake is even thought of being licked.

Isn't that your sentiment, Pirate? That suggests to me that she agrees with the Church teachings of chastity. Pirate, what do you think of women that have intercourse before marriage? Are men less likely to desire them?

I didn't feel it was my place to discuss this. Erm... I think it is not necesarly wrong if you are married in your heart and agree in your heart that you will be together for ever. I understand it would be hard to know if this is the case and so in this world, marrage legally is better because it is very easy to say you love someone and will be with them forever and it turns out to be nothing more than a crush or lust. So when one is married there is more responsibility and determination to work at it than without that legal binding together. Intercourse before marrage to me, in the world today is not good, because many people see it as normal to divorce and to sleep with multiple partners and it is unhealthy. The world pressurise {sp?} people through media and peers. And so some people do such things, but there is a lack of emotional bonding in many cases. This bond is what is needed. But back on to the point, I think many men don't care. I think many church males do care. I think they wouldn't want a girl who has been with someone else. Partly because of their own lack of experience and fear of inferiority to the ability of the previous partner. Some males are just so sucked in they will do anything church tells them and there are some that play the field themselves. Some of those males (that are experienced) won't really mind because they have been there, but some will be hypocritical and not want a used woman. They are the ones that are sexist. I think their is a huge focus placed upon the women to be pure whereas the men are not as focussed upon. I knew of a woman that was LDS and so was her partner. Her partner was a BIC child and possibly his parents too. This girl became impregnated and was excommunicated. The dude however was not. Little was said to him.

I think, because of todays society and the lack of mutual respect for each other, couples must marry before becoming intimate.

:Pirate.

P.s. I am not quite sure if I got across what I meant. I apologise if this makes little sense.

Pirate, I see so much truth to what you say above. And I do get your meaning -- it's well stated and absolutely makes sense. :)

I know that I don't desire to get married again, so I will be a big buggerboo of a sinner for the rest of my days, most likely But I'm coming from a different place than you are.

I think the way you view it is healthy and is informed. The double standards are something that happens in the wider culture but there does seem to be more of an emphasis in the LDS culture that views women as somehow being flawed if they have intercourse -- and that's just not seen in the secular society as much.

You mentioned males that desire a chaste female -- I think some of it absolutely does deal with hesitancy, feelings of incompetence, and lack of experience as well. This wasn't always what I thought -- but after being on this board, and being informed by male posters that struggle with this, I have a greater understanding of how they are literally scared to be intimate with a woman (especially one with prior experience) because of their own issues -- not so much how they view the woman.

It's complex and only each couple can decide what is right for them.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

KimberlyAnn wrote:Ack!

Me, drunk in temple clothing, lol!

I absolutely hate that picture. I was laughing at everything by that point, and Tom's hand was on my *ss.

Bad, bad picture!

KA

Yes, that picture is horrific. I'm guessing its going to come back to haunt you as an essay question on your final exam on judgement day and will be titled "Please explain yourself".
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Hmmm... We don't even have "cup cakes" here. We have muffins, butterfly cakes, maderin cakes, and I am visualiseing something with jam in. We probably do have cup cakes but that is not what we call them. Oh and sponge cakes.
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

Gazelam wrote:

I absolutely hate that picture. I was laughing at everything by that point, and Tom's hand was on my *ss.

Bad, bad picture!

KA

Yes, that picture is horrific. I'm guessing its going to come back to haunt you as an essay question on your final exam on judgement day and will be titled "Please explain yourself".

Something tells me you're jealous. Tom is a lucky man to have KimberlyAnn.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Infymus, that is the first nice thing I have ever seen you post.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Infymus wrote:
Gazelam wrote:

Bad, bad picture!

KA

Something tells me you're jealous. Tom is a lucky man to have KimberlyAnn.

I tend to like Kimberlyann, but that picture was nearly as offensive to me as the ones that floated around here on sunday that showed women peeing.

What should the follow up to that picture be? A nice video of someone running into a sacrament meeting and hurling the bread and water across the laps of the bishopric? Or how about marching into a baptismal service and mixing up some Kool-aid in the font?

I just don't find pictures of people commiting sacrilege all that amusing, call me funny that way.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

I once dropped the water in sacrament. I think that is the closest you will get. I was holding it underneath and the dude was still holding it so I let go and at that same time, he did too. It bounced off the floor and splashed all over the woman in front. I was soo imbarrased and felt bad for the woman, but I just couldn't stop laughing. GOSH, that is really bad. We were trying to be very quite to pick it all back up. :0

The kool-aid font would be really cool, but not during someones baptism. We don't get Kool aid here. it's probably a good idea that we don't. I get hyper easily. :P