Cupcakes!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Gazelam wrote:What should the follow up to that picture be? A nice video of someone running into a sacrament meeting and hurling the bread and water across the laps of the bishopric? Or how about marching into a baptismal service and mixing up some Kool-aid in the font?

Well, I once heard mission stories of some elders who mixed it up with some sisters by turning the baptisimal font into a hot tub.

Other than that, the only thing I could think of that would be more offensive than Kool-aid would be mixing green Jello in the font.

Actually, I think the worst offense would be to make light of the atonement. I'm not sure of a good picture for doing that off hand though.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

asbestosman wrote:
Gazelam wrote:What should the follow up to that picture be? A nice video of someone running into a sacrament meeting and hurling the bread and water across the laps of the bishopric? Or how about marching into a baptismal service and mixing up some Kool-aid in the font?

Well, I once heard mission stories of some elders who mixed it up with some sisters by turning the baptisimal font into a hot tob.

Other than that, the only thing I could think of that would be more offensive than Kool-aid would be mixing green Jello in the font.

Actually, I think the worst offense would be to make light of the atonement. I'm not sure of a good picture for doing that off hand though.

I feel making the font into a hot tub is blincking shocking. Where was their respect? by the way it takes four hours to fill the font apparently. This all reminds ma of a dream I once had about a font. Hmmm... Strange.
Just punched myself on the face...
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:I feel making the font into a hot tub is blincking shocking. Where was their respect?

That was Gazelam's point about the font and Kool-aid. He feels that KA was disrespectful in her picture. KA, for her part, probably feels the the church deserves to be disrespected after the church did something (I think she feels the church/Joseph Smith lied to her).
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:I feel making the font into a hot tub is blincking shocking. Where was their respect?

That was Gazelam's point about the font and Kool-aid. He feels that KA was disrespectful in her picture. KA, for her part, probably feels the the church deserves to be disrespected after the church did something (I think she feels the church/Joseph Smith lied to her).

Yes, I do feel I was aware of that. I had thought when seeing the picture to say "Remember, modest IS the hottest". but thought that would be silly. I haven't been throught the temple yet, so I don't really understand much about that.
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
asbestosman wrote:

Yes, I do feel I was aware of that. I had thought when seeing the picture to say "Remember, modest IS the hottest". but thought that would be silly. I haven't been throught the temple yet, so I don't really understand much about that.

OK--I never posted that pic on this board because I feared it would offend TBM's such as Gaz. Of course, I meant no personal offense to any Mormon when I wore my temple robe that night. No Mormon saw me, and no Mormon would have even seen that pic if it weren't posted here--INNOCENTLY--by Moniker, who also had no intention of offending anyone, I'm sure.

And Pirate, I've no idea why you didn't just say to me, "Remember, modest is hottest" when it crossed your mind. Sure, it's silly, but that's never stopped you before...

And don't worry. That outfit is NOT immodest. But, no matter. Whether dressed immodestly or draped in fabric from from head to toe, I'm always hottest. :P

KA
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

I thought they were togas? I didn't know they had anything to do with the Church! I'll take it out. Sheesh, I had no idea it would be that big of a deal. I'm sorry!
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

I sometimes wonder how much I bother people when I point out aprons of particular colors.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

KimberlyAnn wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
asbestosman wrote:

OK--I never posted that pic on this board because I feared it would offend TBM's such as Gaz. Of course, I meant no personal offense to any Mormon when I wore my temple robe that night. No Mormon saw me, and no Mormon would have even seen that pic if it weren't posted here--INNOCENTLY--by Moniker, who also had no intention of offending anyone, I'm sure.

And Pirate, I've no idea why you didn't just say to me, "Remember, modest is hottest" when it crossed your mind. Sure, it's silly, but that's never stopped you before...

And don't worry. That outfit is NOT immodest. But, no matter. Whether dressed immodestly or draped in fabric from from head to toe, I'm always hottest. :P

KA

LOL. I suddenly was hit with a conscience. It never existed before. It was just random.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

asbestosman wrote:I sometimes wonder how much I bother people when I point out aprons of particular colors.

HUH? You can't buy aprons outside the temple. Can you?? Well not the temple ones anyway.