Cupcakes!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Moniker wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:You care to explain? because I read that girls shoudn't want their cupcake to be licked and boys should be respectful towards the girl.

I don't think Pirate missed the point of the blog entry. She just disagrees with the sentiments contained in the entry. The lesson tells women that they're dirty and used, essentially, if they have intercourse before marriage -- and no man wants that. She agrees that women should wait until marriage.

Pirate, I think it's great you want to wait to be intimate with a man until you're married. And one that respects you! Sounds like a winning combo to me.

Ignore the guys. They can be crass and, I suppose, may forget that you're 19. You're precious in my book. :)

that's sweet. Thanks. I just ate not quite cooked pasta. That was not good.
Just punched myself on the face...
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Gazelam wrote:Prov. 31: 10

10 ¶ Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

LOL. In these days, it would be hard to find one of those.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:You care to explain? because I read that girls shoudn't want their cupcake to be licked and boys should be respectful towards the girl.

Sure, I'll explain. You originally wrote:

If in young women I was taught about licked cupcakes, I would suggest that maybe one ought to be married before their cupcake is even thought of being licked.

They are NOT suggesting that you should get your cupcakes licked before marriage. You wouldn't have needed to speak up and say "I would suggest that maybe one ought to be married before their cupcake is even thought of being licked," because THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE LESSON.

In other words, if your professor said to your class, "Newton was a great physicist," would you have needed to raise your hand and say, "I disagree with you, sir! I think that Newton was a great physicist!"

That's basically what you did with this thread.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

:D But then I could have said. You might think Newton was a great physicist, but I know Newton was a great physicist. Einstein however was not willing to move on from classical physics to modern physics when he had aple opportunity and although he brought forth great idea's and principles, he could have done so much more had he allowed himself to be less prideful. And wow that was a bit of a tangent. :P But Einstien was a great physicist too. I see what I had done but that is not what was in my mind at the time. But there are church members that play the church member in church and outside they are like the worldly people. They are hipocrits. The blog was suggesting that it was about respect for girls and the fact that one of the girls was given a liked cup cake was unfair. Was it then ok for that girl to have a liked cup cake. I personally don't find it a very fitting analogy.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Stick to the point, pirate. Stick to the point.

Imwashingmypirate wrote:The blog was suggesting that it was about respect for girls and the fact that one of the girls was given a liked cup cake was unfair.

No, that's not the point. If a girl has sex or engages in heavy petting before marriage, and then gets married to some other guy, then it's as though the original guy licked all the frosting off a cupcake and gave it to the guy who marries her. Why would a guy want a cupcake with all the frosting already licked off? Hence the reason a girl needs to avoid sex and heavy petting before she gets married. In the church's mind, she's no better than a cupcake whose frosting has already been licked off: No man will want her.

Get it?

Was it then ok for that girl to have a liked cup cake.

Wrong. The girl didn't have a licked cupcake, the girl IS a licked cupcake. No man will want her.

I personally don't find it a very fitting analogy.

I don't either, but for completely different reasons.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:Stick to the point, pirate. Stick to the point.

Imwashingmypirate wrote:The blog was suggesting that it was about respect for girls and the fact that one of the girls was given a liked cup cake was unfair.

No, that's not the point. If a girl has sex or engages in heavy petting before marriage, and then gets married to some other guy, then it's as though the original guy licked all the frosting off a cupcake and gave it to the guy who marries her. Why would a guy want a cupcake with all the frosting already licked off? Hence the reason a girl needs to avoid sex and heavy petting before she gets married. In the church's mind, she's no better than a cupcake whose frosting has already been licked off: No man will want her.

But then it should be the same for males.
Get it?

Was it then ok for that girl to have a liked cup cake.

Wrong. The girl didn't have a licked cupcake, the girl IS a licked cupcake. No man will want her.
I meant when the teacher gave out cupcakes then the last girl had to pick the licked one and so she wouldn't eat it, but the others ate their[color=red]'s. [/color]

I personally don't find it a very fitting analogy.

I don't either, but for completely different reasons.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:But then it should be the same for males.

Exactly. THAT'S WHY THE CHURCH IS SO HYPOCRITICAL. You and I both know that it should be the same for males, but for some reason, the church doesn't know it.

I meant when the teacher gave out cupcakes then the last girl had to pick the licked one and so she wouldn't eat it, but the others ate theirs.

Right. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE CHURCH HAS BEEN PUSHING. In other words, no one will want to eat a cupcake whose frosting has already been licked off, right? THAT'S THE POINT OF THE LESSON, SO YOU AREN'T DISCOVERING ANYTHING NEW. The reason it's a bad lesson is because girls who have repented are, in the church's eyes, "licked cupcakes" and no man will want to marry her.

Holy cow. I can't believe I've had to explain this so many times and in so much excruciating detail.

--Louis Midgley
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Oh Ok.
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

I thought she agreed that:

I would suggest that maybe one ought to be married before their cupcake is even thought of being licked.

Isn't that your sentiment, Pirate? That suggests to me that she agrees with the Church teachings of chastity. Pirate, what do you think of women that have intercourse before marriage? Are men less likely to desire them?
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

Why is this off-topic?
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo