IF?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Ten Bear
_Emeritus

Post by _Ten Bear »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:But who said they are in the centre of the Earth?

They didn't really exist, so how could they be lost?

Let's imagine they did exist and were in the centre of the Earth, then they are still lost, but not only are they lost, but they are also "cooked" and therefore dead. Thus they are definetly lost.

I can't give you sources, but I'm pretty sure Mormon legend has them going north and then slipping into the center of the earth. Then their suppose to come back out in the "last days". So if there's any truth to that, we both can be sure that they will be well done. And will probably need a cool glass of water.
"If False, it is one of the most cunning, wicked, bold, deep-laid impositions ever palmed upon the world, calculated to deceive and ruin millions… " - Orson Pratt on The Book of Mormon
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

Ten Bear wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:But who said they are in the centre of the Earth?

They didn't really exist, so how could they be lost?

Let's imagine they did exist and were in the centre of the Earth, then they are still lost, but not only are they lost, but they are also "cooked" and therefore dead. Thus they are definetly lost.

I can't give you sources, but I'm pretty sure Mormon legend has them going north and then slipping into the center of the earth. Then their suppose to come back out in the "last days". So if there's any truth to that, we both can be sure that they will be well done. And will probably need a cool glass of water.

So how do you suppose they got there? Would the centre of Earth be like hell, coz it sure will be hot? Does that mean that the lost ten tribes were in that case, EVIL?

I think they might need more than a glass of water. :D
Just punched myself on the face...
_Ten Bear
_Emeritus

Post by _Ten Bear »

I wouldn't say they were evil. But they were probably doing something wrong. Why else would they wonder up to the norht pole and then allow themselves to drop in a big hole? While the whole time saying, "Hey, would could live here. It ain't so bad."

Oh, and to keep with with your OP, I wonder what time zone that would fall under? Maybe one hour to us is like a thousand hours to them.
"If False, it is one of the most cunning, wicked, bold, deep-laid impositions ever palmed upon the world, calculated to deceive and ruin millions… " - Orson Pratt on The Book of Mormon
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Ten Bear wrote:I wouldn't say they were evil. But they were probably doing something wrong. Why else would they wonder up to the norht pole and then allow themselves to drop in a big hole? While the whole time saying, "Hey, would could live here. It ain't so bad."

Oh, and to keep with with your OP, I wonder what time zone that would fall under? Maybe one hour to us is like a thousand hours to them.

So they aren't really in the centre of Earth but rather in Santa's workshop. maybe that's where the elves came from.

Scientifically, time would travel slower for them. That is why the elves don't age and Santa can do so much.

But really time goes slower at the extremeties of the planet and faster at the equator, but the difference is so small that it is un-noticable. And deeper into the Earth time also goes slower for the same reason. I once came up with a whole theory on this and made an attempt at an equation. It would take a while to relay it all.
_Ten Bear
_Emeritus

Post by _Ten Bear »

Indeed.
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

:P