Romney loses in Florida to McCain...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_the road to hana
_Emeritus

Post by _the road to hana »

GoodK wrote:
the road to hana wrote:
rcrocket wrote:
GoodK wrote: The term "anchor baby" comes to mind here. I realize the difficulty of the situation, but I think it's a slippery slope and again, gives just another incentive to break the law.

As you sit there in your whitebread home, in comfortable suburbia, looking down on all those dumb Mexicans, with an expensive computer at your fingertips, remember one thing -- that anchor baby is a citizen of the United States and entitled to all benefits Congress has given citizens, including particular promises for health care, jobs and access to schools. Congress has already decided that that anchor baby is presumed to become a productive citizen of the wealthiest nation on earth.

Such Christianity you all have maintained since jettisoning Jesus Christ.

rcrocket

GoodK is your LA neighbor. Probably a member of your ward.

Funny thing is I was in his stake at one point. I know one of his daughters.

That's how I know Bob is full of crap with this racism thing. Anyone who lives in _________ knows illegal immigration is out of control.

You know, I want it noted I've never posted the name of his community, ward or stake. I would have said, "Anyone who lives in _________," even though the name of his ward, and stake, is easily gotten online.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The road is beautiful, treacherous, and full of twists and turns.
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

dartagnan wrote:== Seriously, if some small children are taken to this country by their illegal immigrant parents and grow up in America and get through their adolescence and teenage years with no formal education, exactly what do you imagine will become of them? Would you rather have them running around still not speaking English and being utterly ignorant and illiterate, with almost no possibility of a decent life, or would you rather have them speaking good English and being smart and educated and prepared to contribute somehow to the society they live amongst?

And you think that's going to happen in the American public school system? Many of these kids have that opportunity already, but do nothing with it. Coming from a Mexican culture, living in California and hanging out in poor ghettos where Spanish is the primary language, seems like heaven for these folks. Kids won't force themselves to go to school.

If Mexican kids aren't going to take advantage of a free education in the California public school systems, then why the enthusiasm to "save money" being wasted on illegal aliens by banning them from school? Is there a problem with Mexican kids getting a free education on the American tax payer's dime, or isn't there? If there is a "problem" with that, then apparently some Mexican kids are in fact going to school, and learning, and presumably learning English, and getting an education. Do you think they should be prevented from doing so?

By the way, my daughter goes to an Arizona public school. She has had friends who were 1st generation kids in this country born to Mexican parents. I have no idea whether the parents are legal or not. These friends of hers took school seriously, were doing as well as anyone else, and spoke good English like any other American kid. If I found out their parents weren't here legally I'll be damned if I voted to have these kids kicked out of school.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

the road to hana wrote:
GoodK wrote:
the road to hana wrote:
rcrocket wrote:
GoodK wrote: The term "anchor baby" comes to mind here. I realize the difficulty of the situation, but I think it's a slippery slope and again, gives just another incentive to break the law.

As you sit there in your whitebread home, in comfortable suburbia, looking down on all those dumb Mexicans, with an expensive computer at your fingertips, remember one thing -- that anchor baby is a citizen of the United States and entitled to all benefits Congress has given citizens, including particular promises for health care, jobs and access to schools. Congress has already decided that that anchor baby is presumed to become a productive citizen of the wealthiest nation on earth.

rcrocket

That's how I know Bob is full of crap with this racism thing. Anyone who lives in New*** knows illegal immigration is out of control.

You know, I want it noted I've never posted the name of his community, ward or stake. I would have said, "Anyone who lives in _________," even though the name of his ward, and stake, is easily gotten online.

I guess I didn't think about the potential security risks. I guess I was taken aback by his charge that I lived in luxury, when I've personally been in his massive, luxurious, mansion on at least one occasion.

I'll go back and edit out the town, you should on your post as well RTH. My bad.
_the road to hana
_Emeritus

GoodK wrote:
the road to hana wrote:
GoodK wrote:
the road to hana wrote:
rcrocket wrote:

rcrocket

That's how I know Bob is full of crap with this racism thing. Anyone who lives in _________ knows illegal immigration is out of control.

I guess I didn't think about the potential security risks. I guess I was taken aback by his charge that I lived in luxury, when I've personally been in his massive, luxurious, mansion on at least one occasion.

You mean the one with eight bedrooms and seven bathrooms?

So, are Daniel Peterson and Bob Crockett both scratching their heads wondering who you are? Or do they know?
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

the road to hana wrote:So, are Daniel Peterson and Bob Crockett both scratching their heads wondering who you are? Or do they know?

They are surely scratching their heads, and it's more amusing to me then you'll ever know. I'm sure they don't know just yet, but I've been dropping hints to both of them.
_rcrocket

Post by _rcrocket »

GoodK wrote:
the road to hana wrote:So, are Daniel Peterson and Bob Crockett both scratching their heads wondering who you are? Or do they know?

They are surely scratching their heads, and it's more amusing to me then you'll ever know. I'm sure they don't know just yet, but I've been dropping hints to both of them.

Would the two of you kindly stop posting personal stuff about my family? Thanks.
_Calculus Crusader
_Emeritus

Post by _Calculus Crusader »

I have a favorable impression of Bob Crockett from our days on the free-saints listserver. It's too bad that he is caught up in this Mormon and Democratic Party nonsense but no one is perfect. :)
Caeli enarrant gloriam Dei

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)
_the road to hana
_Emeritus

rcrocket wrote:
GoodK wrote:

Would the two of you kindly stop posting personal stuff about my family? Thanks.

Sure. Stop abusing people who choose to post anonymously, calling them cowards, and accusing them of things unfairly without knowing the facts of the situation.

But come out of that glass mansion again and start hurling stones, you'll find out they boomerang.

And if you're concerned with protecting private information, stop putting it online.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

rcrocket wrote:
GoodK wrote:

Stop being such a jerk to me then. I understand the defensiveness you must feel being here, but I've done nothing to provoke you nor to warrant personal attacks from you. And I didn't say anything about your family, except that I knew them. You know my family as well. Big deal.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

the road to hana wrote:
rcrocket wrote:And you my private stalker. You might telling everybody what you told my SP?

Never had contact with your Stake President. Wouldn't have any interest in doing so.

Why don't you tell us what someone allegedly told him? Don't keep us in suspense.

It would be interesting for all of us, unless it is negative stuff that cannot be shared. Of course, I could hope someone approached his Stake President with praise.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace